Saturday, April 28, 2012

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 1 {Opening Credits}

Every week, I will be posting a music related post on Saturdays, just because music is a huge part of who I am.  Sometimes I'll do reviews on a variety of albums I absolutely love, the new and the classics. Sometimes it will be playlist based on emotions, songs I've had on repeat that week, or a specific song that I relate to at the moment.  Because this is the first installment of the Soundtrack Saturdays series, I have created a huge list of songs for every category of my life in general, as I found it to be an appropriate introduction.  Hope you all enjoy!

Life:

  1. "Put Your Records On" Corinne Bailey Rae
  2. "Comin Up" Lupe Fiasco ft. MDMA
  3. "32 Flavors" Elle Varner
  4. "A Beautiful Day" Gym Class Heroes
  5. "Constant Surprises" Little Dragon
  6. "Seven" Alicia James
  7. "Happy" Leona Lewis
  8. "Her Morning Elegance" Oren Lavi

Career:

  1. "Blue Sky" Common
  2. "Watch me Work" Melanie Fiona
  3. "Work" Meek Mill ft. Rick Ross
  4. "Closer" Goapele
  5. "Champion" Nicki Minaj ft. Nas, Drake, Young Jeezy
  6. "Gotta Work" Amerie
  7. "Wake Up & Live" Bob Marley

Spiritual:

  1. "G.O.D. (Gaining One's Definition)" Common
  2. "Take Me Away" Love Riot
  3. "Press in Your Presence" Shana Wilson
  4. "Never Would've Made It" Marvin Sapp
  5. "No Weapon" Fred Hammond
  6. "God is Real" India.Arie
  7. "Healing" India.Arie
  8. "Smile" Tasha Cobbs

Love:

  1. "Holding Out for a Hero" Ella Brown
  2. "Butterflies" Alicia Keys
  3. "Slow Motion" Karina Pasian
  4. "Adorn" Miguel
  5. "Bubbly" Colbie Caillat
  6. "Something About Us" Daft Punk
  7. "Just a Kiss" Lady Antebellum
  8. "I'm Into You" Jennifer Lopez
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm loving these lists, Chymere! You have some great songs listed along with some I haven't heard yet. About to head over to youtube and get familiar. Thanks for sharing these!

    Can't wait to see more of your Soundtrack Saturdays and more on this new blog!

    Now following ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And tell me what you think about the ones that are new to you! And of course thanks for following!

      Besos

      Delete
  2. I agree with Miss Dre, you have some great songs listed! I'm going to check out the songs I am unfamiliar with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!

      Besos.

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig