Saturday, May 12, 2012

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 3 {Those Who Wait}

 "Those Who Wait" by Daley is today's feature song. The lyrics are so powerful and mean everything to me in this moment, because it's a message about patience in knowing that everything happens on time. I came across Daley's music earlier this week and I am glad I did.  As the semester began to wind down, I started feeling a certain way about not graduating with my peers and watching pretty much all the friends I started with graduate (start careers, get married, etc.) before me. This song brought me out of my own self-pity and made me realize that just because it's not my time yet, doesn't imply that I'm not on the right track. 

The more I listen carefully to the words that Delay sings so beautifully, the more I grow hopeful and confident about my future.  I relate this song closely to graduation more than anything else, just because of each individual's distinct journey there, so it's perfect for today, when North Carolina A&T State University class of 2012 makes that transition, and also fitting for the remainder of graduation season. It inspired me to celebrate the achievements of others and motivated me to continue to work hard to live out my own dreams. Although I'm not graduating this year, I couldn't be more proud of all my friends and peers who are.  

Daley's mixtape is pretty dope as well, so if you enjoy smooth R&B ballads, download here.

@ChymereA

"...And I worked so hard to earn my place/ Good things come to those who wait..."
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig