Saturday, May 19, 2012

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 4 {P.E.A.C.E.}

I've been in deep thought this week. For whatever reason, none of those thoughts have translated to written form, which is one of the reasons why there are such big gaps between my post. My journal is hidden in a box somewhere, not to mention inspiration to write hasn't really struck me as of late, so my thoughts have just been scattered without a reasonable outlet. Jazz is always the friend I turn to when I fall into these mellow/pensive moods, where I can't seem organize what is happening in my head.

One of my favorite and probably one of the most prolific jazz compositions of all time is 'Round Midnight' by Thelonious Monk, which is also performed by many of the greats (Miles Davis, Art Pepper, Dizzy Gillespie, to name a few). Words can't describe how my heart and soul responds to the melody and it was so fitting for today's installment of Soundtrack Saturdays. I can only hope that it gives  you the perfect blend of bliss and tranquillity as well, because at this point in my life, I'm all about promoting P.E.A.C.E. (Positive Energy Always Creates Elevation).  Enjoy!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig