Tuesday, May 29, 2012

To My B.F.F. (So Proud of You)


In life, it is rare to come across friends that you don't have to compartmentalize.  These are individuals that join you to cry, laugh, vent, travel, party, and most of all PRAY.  When you have that kind of friend, the trials and tribulations, highs and lows are hardly ever solitary experiences, because that person becomes so much more than a friend.  It is friends like this that you draw closely into your world, adopt them into your family, and never let them go.  I met her when I was 11 years old and we've been sisters ever since. It is an honor to have had such a friend in my life for so long, and hopefully, we'll keep this friendship for many more years to come.

This weekend I was proud to witness and celebrate this friend that I speak so highly of commissioning from the United States Naval Academy as Ensign II Lt. C. Johns of the U.S. Navy, along with a huge web of people who love her just as much as I do.  It was, overall, full of amazing, unforgettable moments that can't be easily described in words.  I have watched this little girl, who has always known what she wanted her life to look like, grow into a beautiful woman of great grace, courage, and potential that i love and respect.  For every opportunity she was given to give up, she took an even bigger leap to accomplish her goals. She's not only worked extremely hard to reach a commendable milestone, but to walk directly into her true calling in life by serving this country in leadership.  As she exits the fire and embarks on a new journey, I know in my heart that she will go on to prosper with great purpose and dedication.  Aside from her notable accolades, she has honestly been my rock in all the rough patches of my life, there through stormy weather, and extremely loyal. I am forever thankful.

[Nina, if you are reading this, I am so proud of you!!!! I wish you well and I look forward to hearing all about your life as a Navy officer for the next couple of decades.  Always remember that God is watching over you at every Milli-second of time and a host of prayer warriors lift your name up daily. There will be many challenges and test that you will face in the future,but you are in the loving, unfailing hands of the most high. Keep God first and never forget how far you've come. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I am so blessed to have you on this journey called life.]

Besos,
C.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."-Jeremiah 29:11

"Lord, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are they who say of me, there is no help for him in God. But you, O Lord, are a shield for me,
my glory and the one who lifts up my head”-
Psalm 3:1-3



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is beautiful!
    It's not easy to call just anybody a friend but it's even harder to find loyal ones. I have no more than 3 and I am okay with that because that is perfect enough for me.

    Congratulations to your friend and I am so happy that she is in your life. Continue to hold her close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so wonderful to read! I love that you added the scriptures. I wish you and your friend many more years of a lasting and meaningful relationship.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig