Monday, May 21, 2012

What it Means To Be Successful

Everyone has different opinions about what it means to be successful.  There are a countless number of books written by billionaire gurus about how to obtain success, step-by-step guides on how to go about doing what they've managed to achieve. To me, success is quite simple, but for others it could be a completely different standpoint.  That diversity of thought is what makes every path unique.   Not to say there is anything wrong with following specific guidelines on how to be successful, but it's vital for me to find my own path and not surrender if it doesn't exactly match what someone else has done/is doing. My chief aim is to be the best me I can be; there is no competition.

To me, the most important components of success is gratitude, balance, and alignment.  Constantly showing genuine gratitude for the blessings I do have, balancing my spirituality, career, and relationships, and working hard to make sure that my desires line up with God's plan for my life is what I feel I need to do in order to be successful. Others may disagree, but they can't live for me, so they don't matter. Also, patiently accepting my process and understanding that nothing worth having is easy to obtain, even if that means taking time to do things and not feel the need to rush everything, because life has taught me that waiting is not always stagnant; sometimes it's just preparation.

Over the years, how I define success has shifted and evolved with my mindset.  I used to see it as having monetary satisfaction, the houses, the cars, the trips.  While those things are nice, I no longer visualize tangible belongings as having obtained success.  Now, I place more value on the happiness and health of myself and my loved ones.  All I want to do is live peacefully and harmoniously well, surrounded by people who want the same for themselves and have the confidence to say what I will do.  I will graduate from college. I will go into a field that involves my passions.  I will only have people around me who add meaning to my life.

All I want to do, in a nutshell, is inspire, be inspired, and live out loud. The day I wake up completely satisfied and proud of the life I've co-created and the decisions I've made, is when I can truly say I am successful.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig