Saturday, June 9, 2012

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 7 {Hip Hop & Southern Bass}

It's Saturday, so you already know what time it is! For Vol. 7 of Soundtrack Saturdays, I've decided to do a music review. This week I added two new albums to my ever-growing music collection, both of which I absolutely love,  the debuts of Big K.R.I.T.'s Live from the Underground and Curren$y's Stoned Immaculate.  For a few years Big K.R.I.T. and Curren$y have been huge on the hip-hop scene by always delivering mix tapes that combine real life stories, southern style bass lines, and old school vinyl sounds.  Even as artist who have already established an exceptional mainstream presence, they both managed to stay true to their authentic, underground images and that's what I enjoyed most about my listening experience. I also like the fact that I can just press play and that is, unfortunately rare these days. Some call it "stoner music", which is obviously a fitting label, but I appreciate mellow music that I can just vibe to.  Plus, most of the greatest musicians known to man, at some point, created high inspired music (Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Bobby Womack, etc.), but I digress. These albums have been blasting in rotation all week and get a definite two thumbs up (and a smile) from me. Great investment.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love your taste in music, Chymere! I can always count on you to have the greatest tunes! I'm a fan of both Curren$y and Big K.R.I.T. so I will be checking both of these out. Totally looking forward to those heavy basslines. I love southern rap!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig