Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Birthday Chronicles: Where I am vs. where I want to be

[7.12.12] Words can explain how epic my birthday/week was this year; you just had to be there.  It was spent in the Carolinas with a few of my closest friends whom I love, having the time of my life!  Birthdays are always special, because it brings the past 365 days into perspective, well at least for me it does.  Another year has breezed by and I'm thankful for the experiences and progress I've made thus far.  It's hard to revisit every moment, but I do know that that this next year is going to be amazing all because it has a great foundation to build upon. 

I'm happy with where I've been, blessed to be where I am, and confident about where I'm headed.  This year has taught me so much about life and relationships.  It took me awhile, but I've compiled a list of the most valuable lessons that I've learned & re-learned this year:

Defining quote of the moment: "I am learning to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."-Tracee Ellis Ross
  1. Only chase God and dreams.
  2. Pray, meditate, and listen.
  3. Never take anything for granted.
  4. Be mindful of the words you speak.  The power of life and death lies in your tongue.
  5. Invest in experiences.
  6. It's cool to build empires, but have fun while doing it. 
  7. Embrace everything around you; treat the storm and the sunny days equally. Beauty can be found in both light and darkness.
  8. All fiction has a little truth.
  9. Make moves in silence.
  10. To find good friends in people, you must first be a good friend, be open, and reflect God.
  11. Happiness is a choice. 
  12. Allow things to flow naturally and trust the process. Don't force or rush anything.
  13. Find a place where you are happy, well-balanced, and at peace with the universe. Go there often.
  14. Surround yourself with people who ignite fires in you to dream, to laugh, and to reach your full potential.
  15. Success is designed for those patient and humble individuals, who are willing to work while waiting.
  16. Take heed to all of your epiphanies. 
  17. True love never dies.
  18. As you reach new levels, certain things that use to matter won't matter anymore.
  19. You are not obligated to settle for who people expect you to be. Strive to be greater and you will be. 
  20. Don't let fear of failure imprison you.
  21. Count your blessings, not your losses. 
  22. Create and guard your own world. Be careful who you let enter, be careful who you let exit.
  23. Never try to hide your battlefield scars.  They tell stories of strength and overcoming.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig