Friday, August 3, 2012

Normal Gets You Nowhere

Normal Gets You Nowhere by Kelly Cutrone & Meredith Bryan

This book, so far, is absolutely amazing.  A great portion of my thoughts about society and rules have been confirmed.  It fits my personality in so many different ways. When it arrived in the mail, I stayed up for hours reading and it provoked so much thought when I finally put it down. 

It's hard to really give a general synopsis at this point, but I do think it's designed for anyone who never really fit into the status quot.  It's for those bold individuals who, by living out loud, often feel like outcast on the journey of life.  The tone throughout the narration is vulgar and direct, which is a linguistic approach that I understand completely and can appreciate.

Being introduced to her by watching The Hills, I only expected that. I value any author with a honest, transparent delivery.  Although I do love how it is written as well as the subject matter, it's simply not for everyone; not because it's not an extraordinary book, but because it's packed with information that people may be offended by and/or not ready to learn. 

Overall, it's a fabulously liberating book and I can't wait to dive deeper into it.

♡ @ChymereA
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Girl you are going to Love this book it such a great read even thou i didnt the whole thing but from time to time i read some and some..!
    _Bright
    p.s she is the realest..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Interesting! might order ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I love Kelly Cutrone! I think I just might purchase that on my nook! I'm in PR like her, so I'm sure she gives a lot of great insight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions