Sunday, September 2, 2012

Relocating for Love

On Twitter, I posted a question that has been on my mind heavy recently. When I think about my plans to relocate to California [next year], I am aware of how much can happen in a year's time.  For instance, one of the stand-out questions I ask myself is: how sure would I be about moving if I were to get involved in a committed relationship with someone between now and the time I move?  Would it still be definite or would there be some sort of compromise on my part? How would a partner feel about me living on another side of the country?  Of course, it's hypothetical at this point, but I'm still curious about the possibility.

It's a huge step to ask someone to drop everything they have/know and take a leap into the arms of the unknown.  However, apart of me feels like no one really wants to live in a place without the person they love. I do think it's an important conversation to have in a serious relationship, as long as the person making the proposal understands before hand that they might, ultimately, be forced to choose one or the other. One party might view it as an adventure, an opportunity to grow as an individual, as well as a couple, in a new place. On the contrary, the other person might not see it that way.  That's why I think it's important to pray constantly, listen for answers to those prayers, and thoroughly communicate with each other, especially during a major process such as relocating.

To be completely honest, it's hard for me to say exactly what I would do in that situation, because I'm not currently having to deal with it, but I thought it would make for an interesting discussion. 

The question was:

What are your thoughts on relocating for the sake of love?

Besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It depends on how much of a love or relationship we are in. If we are to the point where we truly love each other then I would not mind relocating but if I like it better without him and only want to see him on a part time basis then yeah we are not really in love so I would not move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a huge sacrifice. I've relocated several times regardless if I was in or out of a relationship. That's left a few guys openly contacting me often reminding me that I'm the one that got away. However, my current beau that I've been off and on with for the past 3 years relocated for me. He dropped everything to move to where I am. It's been hard but I can honestly say it's worth it. When you care for someone that much you just want to be where they are. I'm glad I don't have to deal with any what ifs. And if end the end it doesn't work out between us two, we BOTH know we did everything we needed to do to fill that missing link in each other's lives.

    Great topic. (sorry if there are any misspelled words or incorrect grammar. I'm in a rush)

    Sincerely Daja.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig