Thursday, September 20, 2012

So I Write

[I'll be sharing some of the poetry from time to time, most of which are ancient with timeless meanings. Hope you all enjoy!]
I write
Because all the words inside me give me life
Wildly my thoughts run in chaos and I can’t keep up I need self expression
I need a way to recite
Despite my stage fright
So I write
My life support is my pen plugged into my being
God himself spilling through my veins onto blank pages
Words bleeding
Misunderstood expressions seething to be created
Patiently waiting for a spot in my notebook
So I write for the sake of my life
Exposing myself to the world
To gain new knowledge
During my transition to a woman
From a girl
Wishing to watch the dreams unfurl
And manifest to non-fictional
Lay out the wildest dreams of them all
Flat like a blueprint for my visual
I am trapped in worldly illusions placing limits on my heights
I need to be free
So I write
My pen just scribbles what I think
And my thoughts take flight
In a world where the sun appears at night
Where nothing is impossible in God’s sight
I was given this gift
As my sword
As my light
So I write

Chymere Anais
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love this poem, Chymere. It's so beautifully written. About three or four years ago I penned a poem similar in theme titled, So She Writes. It's like you're trying to express emotions and give meaning to intangible things in a way that can be understood. In fact, that poem is where I got my blog's title from =)

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha!!! That's pretty dope! I hope you are still writing!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. "my life support is my pen... so I write for the sake of life" - POWERFUL.

    Can you say, CHYMERE ANAIS new slogan!?



    Kimberly
    www.kimberlyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEEEEEEES! I def. enjoyed! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig