Monday, October 22, 2012

On Humility

This week I've been working like crazy; maintaining balance has been tough.  Thankfully, it is paying off in small doses, because I've accomplished quite a bit and I can sense progress, but there is still so much work ahead. The days seem to be running in a circular motion with no beginning or end. Lately I've fallen asleep at my computer or inside a book only to wake up to a screeching alarm clock to welcome another glorious day.  I stay awake in the wee hours, because I have dreams to chase.  I go to work to pay bills.  I go to class...well because I have to if I want to graduate, lol. I'm just saying, this is the path I've chosen and there's a reason for everything .  This is not a complaint rant; God has truly blessed this journey and I am so thankful to know I'm on the right track. In this moment, it's all about me and it feels so awesome. I am loving LIFE! As girl-Melanie would say, "I'm dancin' and emphasisin'!" (if you are a fan of the sitcom, The Game, then you know what I'm talking about.)

Philippians 3:12-14 "I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection.  But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.  13 No dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."

How perfect.

So, cheers to the ambitious lifestyle! We're on our way to achieving great things!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Well, I can say after my little break, once I returned I can tell you were working hard on up-coming projects and it's really a great look. I will say this and only because I've dealt with it for 2 years. Don't overwhelm or overwork yourself. You deserve breaks in between. If anybody knows about that grinding life it's me. I've always been the type to work 2 jobs plus No Boiz Allowed full time. Staying up for 26 hours just to complete a project, etc. Work smarter not harder. Find ways to do the same tasks but with tools that can help you minimize the time spent.

    Overall, keep up the great work.

    Miss Daja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I recieve that. I'm all for maintaining a good work/life balance because my family is the main thing that keeps me going! I appreciate the advice and thank you so much for your support!

      ~C.

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig