Friday, November 30, 2012

Fitness Fridays: Fitness Goals for December

It has been a while since my last Fitness Fridays post, where every Friday I would come by briefly to track my own progress and to motivate anyone else who was on a journey to good health and well being. Honestly, I have been slacking on my weekly workout plans. It didn't feel ethical to preach about physical fitness if I wasn't living it. However, I was able to re-discover inspiration and I've taken some time to re-focus and get back on track for December and enter the new year in full force. I believe starting now will benefit more so the momentum isn't lost mid-year.

With that being said, I've made a few fitness goals to commit to starting bright and early tomorrow morning. Not only will this give me a good starting point to get back in peak performance shape, it will also allow me to prepare for a January detox. The program is being prepared by a friend of mine who specializes in holistic wellness. I'm really excited to just clean out my system of all the toxins and be able to properly begin a healthy lifestyle. My goals are as follows:

Pinned Image♥ No fast food
♥ Less eating out, more cooking [balanced] meals
♥ Only drink water, tea, and juicing fluids
♥ Very limited alcohol intake
♥ Run 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening 5 days a week
♥ Swim at least 4,000 yards 4 times per week
♥ Keep it spicy: switch up the workouts to keep it fun and interesting
♥ Do ab-focused sets right before bed (I.e. 3 reps of 50 crunches, 50 sit ups, 50 Russian twist )



My advice to anyone who is attempting to shape up who is not sure about where to start: start small. My list may sound intimidating or maybe even impossible, but I am aware of what I am capable of athletically. If you do not have the experience of someone who has been an athlete most of her life, it is okay to start simple. Perhaps, start with 1 mile jog, 3 mornings per week and a fitness class for the day time. You have to be honest with yourself, but you should never be afraid to challenge yourself. If you are able to do so, it would be a great investment to meet with a personal trainer and nutritionist, so that an expert is able to guide you and create a workout regimen that works for you and what you are looking to achieve. Many people will try to do things alone and do it the wrong way, which can be dangerous in the long run. Also, it may help to find a reliable workout partner with equal interest, yet a higher experience level. The most important thing is to focus on improvement and not be afraid of where you are right now in your fitness journey.

Hope this helped and I look forward to staying consistent with this particular segment of the blog.
 
Happy Fitness!!!

Besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm so on board with you with all of these goals, except swimming because I don't know how!! Maybe that could be a goal!! But NO FAST FOOD is going to be a struggle!! Good luck ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! Good for you! I love that you have a friend specializing in holistic wellness who can create a unique program for you. Detoxing just feels so good doesn't it? I did the Whole30 program a couple of months ago, and I plan to do it again in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips.

    Since I left uni i have been so lazy with everything. Fitness fridays might keep me motivated..

    New follower.
    x
    Diary Of A Shallow Black Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I too will be starting my fitness routines regularly on monday. i purchased a new treadmill and im ready to get started! good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best in your Fitness Goal! I know you will accomplish what you set out to do. Regardless of weight loss or any number on the scale, there's nothing prettier than a healthy confident woman! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for the encouragement! It is greatly appreciated!

    ~Chymere A.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig