Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Handwritten.

I love the fact that my grandma has kept every single letter my grandfather wrote her during his time in the military, while he was still courting her. A love that is as strong as theirs is something I pray I have the opportunity to experience with someone one day.  It's sad that the digital age has stripped away the sincerity and vintage beauty of handwritten letters, but it's something that I will do until my muscles no longer allow me to.

I'm sitting here with my grandma while I'm diligently typing this elaborate, wonderful story of love and bliss.  Breaking the silence that danced in the room, she asked, "What are you over there typing?"

"A love story," I say briefly, not wanting to break my focus.

"About who?" she pries further.

"You and granddaddy."

For a moment, the silence returned, as if we were trying to create a space for his spirit to join the conversation.

She giggled softly, "Oh honey...that story has to be written on a different kind of paper." 


The implication that their love defied modern definitions made me erase this long story I'd already typed, because somehow her thought sounded profound enough metaphor to be the perfect summary and ending.

Besos x ♥ x ♥   !

Chymere Anais
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Wow that is absolutely beautiful! Love is one of the most precious and valuable gifts!!

    Jasmine Marie
    Thejourn3y.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can this post be any more amazing? I love it I love it I love it I love it. And I hope that I'm able to experience something that great and profound in my lifetime as well. Memories are such precious gifts, love too. I love that you two were able to share a fondness for the love they shared. Beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! I hope to hold on to the art of handwritten letters/notes. I know I plan on making it a habit when I do have a husband. I'll surely will be leaving sweet notes around for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A love like this!!!!
    This is amazing. I'm definitely still an old school girl at heart. I prefer the handwritten letters over a text message any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful anecdote. In this particular time where romance is drummed up in 140 characters or less, the thought of love letters and such a lasting love story just makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig