Friday, December 28, 2012

2013, Be Good to Me: Pt. II

I found these questions from the archives on Apricot-Tea from blogger Ev'yan.  She no longer blogs there, but every now and then I go back to read old post. I liked the questions and instead of adding it to the last 2013, Be Good to Me, I thought it would be more sensible to create 2 parts and answer them in a separate post, for the sake of length. 

Let's get into it shall we? Oh, and by the way: You're tagged!!!

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
-Lived by myself.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
-Some of them yes. Others are ongoing processes that I am constantly working on.  Yes, I've made a list for next year as well.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-A few people indeed! Life is beautiful.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
-Fortunately, no...not this year.

5. What countries did you visit?
-None.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
-Clarity. Peace. Direction. Prosperity. True [Romantic] Love.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-12.21.12. The day the Apocalypse was postponed. [sarcasm.]

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-Being accepted into a grad program at University of Southern California.

9. What was your biggest failure?
-I used to be really hard on myself, making deadlines I couldn't commit to, and being really upset when I didn't achieve something in a particular time frame.  But I've realized that as long as I keep trying, I'll never fail. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-No, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
-A Car.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-Everyone in my life is so good to me and so amazing in their own special way so it's really hard to pick out one particular person who deserves an applause. I am blessed to have an outstanding support system of family and friends alike.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
-I try not to let people affect me that much.  However, I was shocked at how a certain friendship played out, but it's messy to get into the details here.

14. Where did most of your money go?
-Gas and Food

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Coming up with a new name and concept for my magazine project.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
-"Those Who Wait" Daley

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a. happier or sadder? Probably sadder. Although, I'm not really sure why the decline in mood.
- b. thinner or fatter? Fatter, but I love my body and have been taking steps to being healthier from here on out.
- c. richer or poorer?  about the same, I guess.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
-Travel

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
-Frivolous spending

20. Did you fall in love in 2012?
-With a dog (literally), yes.

21. How many one-night stands?
-I don't open up about my sex life publicly.  Take it how you want to.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
-Scandal, Nashville, and The Neighbors!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
-I don't hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
-Normal Gets You Nowhere by Kelly Cutrone

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-Tori Kelly and Jessie Ware. Absolutely incredible artist.

26. What did you want and get?
-I pretty much got everything I asked for, which in turn made me realize that wishes have consequences too.

27. What did you want and not get?
-The camera and necklace I wanted for Christmas.

28. What were your favorite films of this year?
-This might amuse some of you, but I watched 'The Bodyguard' for the first time ever a few months ago. And it was absolutely incredible. (I know I'm late).  Also, I really enjoyed Disney movie, 'Meet the Robinsons'.  I haven't seen any new movies this year that I can immediately recall.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
-I enjoyed a week of youthfulness and reckless fun with my closest comrades. I turned 23.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-I'm not sure. There are many things to be said that I think would have made it better, but there is no way of really knowing that.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
-Evolving.

32. What kept you sane?
-Music, writing, friends, and my mom's calm voice of reason.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Khloe & Lamar Odom. I adore them. I'm completely convinced that their love for one another is genuine.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
-The questionable injustice surrounding the shooting of Trayvon Martin.
-This year's presidential election.

35. Whom did you miss?
-The "him" that I referred to a great deal throughout this blog...and that's something that, no matter how much time has elapsed, never changes.

36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
-A really sweet and admirable girl named, Mya who I became drawn to instantly.  She has such a beautiful spirit.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
-To Embrace everything around me; treating the storm and the sunny days equally. Beauty can be found in both light and darkness. 

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
- "I'm not gonna sit around and do nothing, but while I'm waiting, I might as well just spill my heart out on these pages and just be patient. It'll all be worth it, it'll all be worth it in the end." (Worth it x Tori Kelly  SS: Vol. 32)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i love your new layout and blog title. I've been working on a new layout for a couple of days now but i'm finding it very difficult to commit lol. Keep up your good work and Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the new blog layout too! Cute.

    Congratulations on your acceptance into School in Cali. I know you can't wait to get there already.

    These are fun questions. I was reading yours as well as answering my own in my head. lol

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig