Saturday, December 22, 2012

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 33 {Luke, Jessie, & Elle}

A few songs have been on my radar lately. Originally, I planned to do a Christmas playlist, but felt like it was too cliche. On top of that, I designed this series to create the soundtrack of my life, as it changes by week, and show whatever I'm currently listening to. On top of that, it wouldn't have been true for this week's Soundtrack to do something that catered to Christmas, considering I haven't been listening to Christmas songs much. However, I have had these songs in constant rotation all week long, starting with the amazing vocals of Luke James. This song is so beautiful. Honestly, it reveals a part of my heart that I thought vanished, or faded, a long time ago.

1. "I Want You" -Luke James

2. "Sweet Talk" -Jessie Ware
Now this is an artist out of the UK that I was recently "introduced" to this year. Her voice is incredible. Little did I know that she did many vocal collaborations with SBTRKT, another musician (and well known DJ) based in London. Looks like I may need to make a trip to London soon, because the music scene is hot. Back to the subject, I just really love how perfectly this song fits with my mood.

 
 
3. "I Don't Care" -Elle Varner
This lady has been it for me since her first mixtape, Conversational Lush.  She just made people instantly fall head-over-heels in love with her big curls and raspy voice, and to add to an already seductive combination, just an all around good musical pressence.  This song captivated my attention the same way, and again exceptionally suitable for today's play list.  

SHARE:

1 comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions