Thursday, March 28, 2013

Keep it Simple.

Over the past few days, I've been basically putting the pieces of my complete archive together. This required some time and digging, but it's starting to look like my blog again.  I've jumped around so much, which made it really hard to include everything, but I'm satisfied with the content I was able to find.

From here on out, the purpose of this platform will remain as a space to express myself and share my thoughts/opinions with whoever chooses to pay attention, without the pressure of creating a brand or feeling the need to have posts that appeal to the general public in order to stay relevant. Keep it as simple as possible and let things flow naturally. If I gain a larger audience because of it, that's fine.  If my readership decreases due to lack of advertising via social media and things of that nature, that's fine too. 

The main reason for this "shift" is not wanting to deviate from the original motive of me creating a blog. Honestly, after so many years of blogging, I still don't think I'm hip to what blogging has become. Keeping up with the Joneses of this cyber world has never really been me. It's not that I don't want people to read what I put out there, I'm just not here to prove myself or be taken seriously as a writer anymore, at least as far as The Sweetheart Chronicles go.  On top of that, I have so many other projects, obligations, and responsibilities, both business and personal, most of which will require marketing and mass communication at some point.  At the end of the day, I just wanted my freedom. In just a few days, I believe I've managed to get closer to achieving that. 

Mother darling thinks I'm a modern day hippie most days, but did hippies have ambition? I don't think so, or else they would not fall so effortlessly into the category. However, I don't think I'm such a misfit in a gang of free-spirited art lovers and deep thinkers, who are mainly concerned with love, justice for all, and world peace. That was random, but will have to serve as an example of the point I'm attempting to make: Despite what labels may be thrown on me for just wanting to create and live simply, writing is my natural high, and I'm feeling back to myself again.
-Chymere A.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Blogging is simply a form of expression. Everyone just chooses to express themselves differently. I think the biggest thing to remember is when you find yourself all over the place, go back to the very reason you first began. That is where your true passion is.

    Hope all is well with you.
    P.S. if you change you name ONE more time... I'll still follow up and read. LOL
    P.P.S. Be sure to participate in my new challenge which begins April 1st. More details on the site. =)

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions