Monday, March 18, 2013

March Review | 1st Quarter

The first quarter of my year is quickly coming to a beautiful close. It has been an amazing journey through 2013 thus far and from where I stand, it's looking like it can only get better from here. So many wonderful things are in store for the remainder of the year and I'm anticipating the next three quarters.

Perhaps, you're curious to know why I classify my year in quarters.  I started doing this in high school, using the game of basketball as a guide. Every three months, I would do a reevaluation to see what I've accomplished (talk with coaches, go over plays to understand what worked and what didn't, discover what can be done better in the following quarter to improve my game, etc.). After the 3 month life reset challenge that so many bloggers participated in at the end of last year presented by KimberlyLuxe, I thought it would be a great idea to continue breaking my year up into four  3-month quarters to tackle specific goals on my goal list and to give each checkpoint a defining theme, this quarter's primary theme being FOCUS. Organizing my goals in such a precise way has really allowed me to get things done one step at a time and the deadline of approximately 90 days has pretty much helped me function within certain perimeters. This set up has worked for me, absolutely.

My suggestion for anyone who wants to do the same thing with their year, is to learn what fits your personality, schedule, and mind set best.  It also depends on what your goals are and how long you think it will take to accomplish them. It could even be different steps to a greater goal. It's all up to you.

Now, I'm mapping out my play list for the next few months and if you don't know what that is in reference to a goal sheet, check out my March Play List  H E R E.  Basically, it's a play-by-play of the everything I want to do in that particular month...from books to read to things to buy.  I was thinking of posting these once every quarter, but as I'm crossing off things on that list from March, it's looking like the time will come to post another one very soon, so we shall see.

I hope that all of you are doing exceptionally well in tackling your personal ventures and that the new year has already opened doors of abundance for you.  

Happy Dream Chasing to all of you!!! 

Besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I feel like a COPY CAT..!! Lol I love this idea I think I am going to do the same just, ill wait till the end of the month and I really Have to think..OMG The Play List I think I kinda Got to 2 books and I really didnt pay much mind..! Well I am glad that things are going great with you, cant wait to here more..
    With Love,
    Bright

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think breaking your year into quarters is a smart idea and I'm happy to see that it's been working for you since HS. Something to consider. Hope you're doing great.

    Miss Daja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I was trying to do mine monthly, but I think quarterly seems like a better fit with my new schedule. Wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig