Tuesday, April 2, 2013

College Diaries: Major Change, Maybe

Many college students, at some point, go through this phase where they second guess their original major choice. I've always been an advocate of change and people doing so as they learn more about themselves and discover interest they never knew they had, but why do I feel so guilty about wanting to change? I think it's because family and friends are always on my case about my lack of stability. For the first time, I feel like I should have at least a little stability, but here I am again, indecisive about what I want to do with the rest of my life and the struggle to just choose is shaking my world up a little. 

I've always thought that whatever career path I follow would involve writing, because I've always been aware that it is one of my talents. However, I'm at the point now where I don't necessarily think it should be the main focus of my collegiate or future career.  It sounds so crazy, but honestly, I never really liked being forced to write or being told what to write about.  

So was it fear leading me this whole time? If I backtrack a little, the reason I didn't stick to my first major was because I convinced myself I couldn't do it and be good at it. Talk about creating my own limitations.  Now, this late in the game, I'm considering changing my major from journalism to...something else, but how old is too old to be going through these all these changes? Seriously, inquiring minds need to know. 

Ugh. Why is this forever difficult?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig