Saturday, April 6, 2013

College Diaries: Tunnel Vision (Major Change Update)

Even though I have always had a love for learning, I've never really applied my intelligence to the point I could say I did my absolute best, at least not academically.  The mind is so beautiful, too beautiful to waste, and realizing this is one of the reasons I've come to understand why education (in any form) is vital. Now, I'm more ready than I've ever been to excel beyond the limitations I trapped myself in a longgg time ago.

I get so excited when I face an opportunity to challenge myself that I overlook the logics...and the logistics.  How? Why? What? When acting off adrenaline, I normally forget to ask myself key questions that would allow my impulse decisions to be executed more carefully.  So I spent the rest of the week, including my weekend, asking myself these questions, to really digest what is about to take place. Eventually I was able to create a solid plan to my why, one that would require a 100%, all or nothing type of commitment,  dedication, and patience, a few things I've never been too great at.


Beginning any new plan can be really scary, but of all my crazy, wildcard plans, I never really stuck to any of them...barely even started.  So now is my chance. I'm at a place where I have to get permanent tunnel vision, because I'm not only changing my major, but also taking a humongous step into an unknown world to me. If it's something I really want to do, I have to proceed fearlessly and at full focus.
"People become quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things.  When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
-Norman Vincent Peale

I can do this. 

Besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Good luck with the change! Change is always good and I'm hoping for the best :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on this! The unknown is a very scary place but if you feel in your spirit that you should do it then it's usually the right decision. I'm thinking about chaning my major as well, that's on of the reasons I'm taking a break from school to really figure out what I want before I go any further with my current degree and waste time and money.

    The hardest part is always sticking to the plans and following through 100%. Once you figure out the reason that you keep stopping, you can fix that issue and move forward. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions