Monday, April 22, 2013

Organic Living | Spring Essentials

As I am in the midst of transitioning my lifestyle to green, I've decided to add another installment on the blog dedicated to organic living.  This is where I will let you guys in on my journey to better health across the board.   The Go Green movement genuinely makes my whole world light up and I'm so excited to share everything from products I'm loving and using to different tips to promote sustainable energy!

Below are a short list of beauty essentials that I absolutely cannot live without, especially during the spring and summer months:
{Image source.}
  1. Mary Kay Botanical Effects. Although this simple 4-step system is not 100% organic, my skin is completely in love with this skin care line. The fragrance-free product is especially designed for those with sensitive skin.  It's packed with natural ingredients such as plumeria alba flower extract, Luo Han Guo, and nosegay tree oil needed to skin feeling and looking smooth and refreshed. 
  2. EOS Lip balm eggs. I'm a little late in the game when it comes to these little wonders of the earth, but I'm officially obsessed! Packed with vitamin E, jojoba oil, shea butter, plenty of moisture is added to make my lips so soft and smooth.  On top of obvious reasons why I love it, it's in such cute packaging and I'm a girl who admires when things are packaged in a nice, chic, innovative way. I think it speaks volumes about the company and the product. 
  3. Jojoba and coconut oil.  The benefits of these oils are endless. I use them mainly as moisturizers for hair, nails, and skin, especially my hair. Sometimes I'll mix the two in a bowl and apply directly to my skin after I get out of the shower.  When I wash my hair, I like to define my curls with coconut oil.  With my hair being as short as it is now, my curl pattern is more apparent and natural oils and hair products are exceptionally good for a fresh start.  It also assist with hair growth. 
  4. TRESemme Naturals nourishing moisture conditioner. At least 3 times a week, I condition my hair; the main reason being I do a wash-and-go style all the time and I need something that will keep moisture locked in all day while protecting against outdoor elements. The other reason is to prevent chlorine damage, because I swim almost everyday.   To avoid breakage and drying my hair out, I don't really use shampoo too often. There are a lot of popular products that are specifically formulated for natural hair/curls, however, out of all the many conditioners I've tried, this one seems to work best for my hair, no matter what the length.   
Are any of you on a journey of or currently living a green lifestyle? I'd love to hear about products are you currently loving and would recommend in the comment section!

Besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm definitely falling in love with EOS lip balm! It's amazing and you're right, they are super cute! I'm trying to add more and more things to my lifestyle but lately it's been in the form of healthier eating options. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good luck to you on eating healthier! I think living green is especially hard when you live in the city but it can be done! It just takes a certain level of commitment, which is that part I'm still working on. Hope it goes well for you!

      Delete
  2. I don't live a completely Green lifestyle but I have incorporated some things into my life that are of healthier practices. I apply Rosehip Oil on my face as a nighttime moisturizer after I wash with my nightly regimen. I juice every now and then and I LOVE Coconut Oil products.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea I can't really say that I do either...at least not at this point, but I do believe I'm getting there. That sounds like an interesting regimen so I may have to look into that....and girl me too. I live by coconut oil lol

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Okay I've been saying that I wanted to transition to an organic lifestyle with my food and beauty products, for the sake of health and vanity...I have yet to keep up with it. I do it for months at a time and see a great improvement when I do...then someone brings in doughnuts to work. Then I spiral out of control. Good luck in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Organic living doesn't mean cutting out sweets completely, at least not for me. I think some people take it to the extreme and I'm just not that girl. It's important to remember to eat foods you love 1)in moderation, 2) try to find healthy alternatives because there are sooo many available that taste just as good!

      Thanks for the well wishes!!!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions