Saturday, April 13, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 49 {Power Trip}

This song has been heavy on the radar lately.  I really think that anytime J.Cole and Miguel collab, it turns to gold, so I'm really anxious to see what new projects they come up with, individually and collectively.  'Power Trip' is basically a sequel to 'Dream' that appeared one of his mixtapes and debut album.  It's about a girl he's into who is involved in another relationship and the tight hold she has on his thoughts and heart.  The video was released sometime this week.  The video was a little much to post here, but I love the song.  It's a story and I really appreciate when hip hop is able to paint a clear picture for me to visualize with or without a video. Then to add the sultry vocals of Miguel to the mix...genius.

Enjoy & Happy Saturday!!

Chymere Anais

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I loooooooooove this freaking song!!!! Great minds man, great minds because this surely is an upcoming music post for me. Miguel is my husband, he just doesn't realize it yet lol

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions