Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Shamelessly Inspired (Do You, Boo!)

A woman by the name of Maya Washington presented a challenge to the world, or at least to the people following her on YouTube, to shamelessly promote yourself as a brand for a full year, 365 days.  She came up with this genius idea to create a campaign that would not only push her own limits, allow her to live by her own rules, and force herself to come out of the turtle shell she was hiding in, but also inspire others to do the same.  When I thought of how much I connected with her internal struggle of putting herself out there and sharing her gifts with the world, it was no hesitation for me to start blogging regularly again, amongst other things, and I was so excited to share this with my amazing readers.  

In the midst of preparing to move all the way across the country, I've learned so much...already.  One of the things I'm beginning to notice about myself is how easily influenced I can be.  There have been so many different occasions where I almost gave up on my dreams, just because I was listening to someone who was too afraid to dream.  So, in order for me to stay focused and on target, I'm being extremely rational about what conversations I'm engaging in, what I'm allowing to enter my mind/spirit, what I read/listen to, and so forth.  Staying inspired is extremely important and it is going to be the key to how far I go.  

So...I have boldly decided to be apart of the S H A M E L E S S movement, adding my own unique twists along the way.  10 Tweets per day that promote my brand, my message, my art, etc.  4 blog posts per week that do the same, 2 YT videos every 2 weeks, and 4 new business contacts per month.  It is time to release this staggering fear of what others might think.  No more hiding.  This mission, ultimately, is to live on purpose and continue to chase dreams, without apologizing for it.  

Are you willing to join us on this phenomenal excursion to being better people, smarter dreamers and go-getters? Say yes! Why? Let Maya and Andrea tell you by {clicking here}. How?  First of all, find out what is holding you back and run as far away from that thing as possible, whether it be fear, victimization, people, etc.  Then, whatever it is that you do...whatever you are passionate about...do, love, believe in it and go hard to make room for things to happen and for gifts to flourish!  Yes, it really is that simple! The infamous catch phrase of Mrs. Maya W 'Do you boo!' pretty much sums it up.  -Chymere A.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Great step Chymere! I know this will be very beneficial for you. Embrace it to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movement. I came across her tumblr awhile back but this is the first time I have came across her videos. I am definitely wanting to be apart of this movement. I need to get better at being proactive with social media. I guess I let me not wanting to be a "lurker" and just reading and scrolling get in the way of me posting. I want to be one of those people who have blogs that stay on the tip of folks' tongues and such, being inspiration to all.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cam across her tumblr awhile ago but finally decided to watch her videos and she is amazing. I definitely love this movement and I wish to join it as well. I just need need to get better with social media. Basically I just let me not wanting to be a lurker deter me from wanting to be on social media. I guess if I am more proactive, I will enjoy it more.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should become apart of it! And if social media isn't your thing, find something that is...something that better suits you.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Very nice blog please check my blog too and show support http://labellekitoko.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so funny that every time I read your blog it's right on time for me. I've been absent from blogging for a while but I went to an event the other night and there was a panel discussion with fabulous black women talking about creating the best life for yourself and going after your dreams, yadda yadda. During the networking/ socializing part of the event, I was constantly asked "do you blog?" or "what do you do", I hate my full-time job so I'd rather say I blogged. Then so many people were surprisingly into my blog and I didn't think they would be. I keep my blog a secret and I never promote it, I also rarely post, but that night I realized, you know what? I can brand myself and I can do big things with my blog, I can create the life I want by doing what I love!

    I'm going to try these tips of the 10 tweets a day, 3 instagram photos a day, and the 4 blog posts a week. I know that simple plan will take me further than what I'm doing already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute and I am so excited! This is a great challenge. I know you can do it! I laughed to myself when she mentioned the "tacky" people promoting themselves and not caring. I say things like that, but obviously they're doing something that I'm not. I support you 100 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I tend to get caught up in the distractions life throws at me. I'm definitely interested. Once I get off of work, I'm going to watch these videos. Thanks for sharing.

    Miss Daja

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions