Tuesday, July 9, 2013

On Setting Intentions

If someone asked me 'What are you going to do?', almost automatically, I would responded with a generic list of things that would require physical action, with little to no hesitation.  Somewhere between the potential to act and the action itself, there is a feeling...or maybe even a combination of emotions...that an individual would begin to experience.  Now, the question becomes, 'How do you want to feel? What are your intentions?'

Lately, it's been on the forefront of my mind to focus on my intentions.  A friend of mine brought this to my attention the other day during a phone conversation while we were discussing my move to California. I have not been able to stop thinking about the essence of what it means to set intentions.  Has anyone noticed that we have a tendency to always come up with what we want to do, rather how we want to feel? 

This week, I've made it a goal to not only get things done, but to make my intentions clear. If I can't get the purpose for a task to follow the task, then it becomes less important for me to tackled. This simple little shift in how I operate has allowed me to prioritize and live in such a way that everything I do is on purpose. It has also helped me refocus my energy to attract positive things into my life.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yeah, I've noticed that as well to answer your question. For example, I went to a NYE party this year with my friends and this stranger I met there asked me, slurred of course from his vodka shots, but he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. Of course I had a list of goals I could run off and say, but when I'm asked that, I say my intent. I told him, I want to be fulfilled. He laughed like it was the craziest thing he ever heard and asked me, what? I nodded my head in reference to what I said and added, I want to be fulfilled emotionally, physically, mentally, financially, spiritually - I want to be fulfilled. It was as if people don't say their intentions with what they're doing often enough. That is my intention.
    And I agree with you, it does allow the attraction of positive things to happen :)

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig