Saturday, August 31, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 66 {Vinyl Shopping}

{Photo by: Chymere A.}

Since music is one of the few things I splurge on, I spent some time this week perusing my favorite artistic parts of the city in attempts to update my vinyl collection.  It's been a long time, maybe a few years, since my last purchase; the trip was long overdue.  The turntable I have access to is actually pretty ancient, so it's also probably time to consider replacing it.  I like building my vinyl collection, not necessarily to add what I don't already have stored on my iPod and computer or in my books of CDs, but just because I really like the sound and feel of them.

I went to Mood's Music, which is in the Little 5 Points area of Atlanta.  By the way, if any of you are interested in vinyl record collecting, online shopping is available for shipping and in store pick-up. That option is pretty legit, because for the albums I could not spot, I was able to purchase online.  It sure does make things a whole lot easier, especially if you already know what you want and don't feel like physically browsing through such large selections of titles in the actual store.

So here's what I picked up: 
  1. A Tribe Called Quest-Beats, Rhymes, & Life
  2. Aloe Blacc-Shine Through 
  3. Terri Lyne Carrington-The Mosaic Project
  4. The Foreign Exchange-Authenticity 
Surprised that I haven't thought of this earlier, but I've been wanting to add 'Vinyl Shopping/Updates' as a subcategory of the 'Soundtrack Saturdays' series, which is an idea I've adapted from Anthony Fantano's awesome music-centric b/vlog, The Needle Drop. I haven't decided how often I want to do it, but I think it's a fun way to show off what I'm listening to, as well as give the blog's audience a closer look at my own ever-growing music collection. 

Besos,
Chymere Anais


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Gotta love Mood Music and you found some classics I see. I haven't been there in a while myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly did! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I remember growing up, my grandparents had a record player (not sure if this is the correct term) with tons of albums stacked behind the couch.

    Im an avid music listener as well! Lately I've been on the Bee Gee's, Hall & Oates, and Chicago. Good to run across another young person who's interested in music as well.

    -Court
    www.callhercourtnee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classics! Yes, I'm personally a stan of fellow music heads. It connects people in ways no other commonality can in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. Soundtrack Saturdays... I may need to steal this idea. Love it! Also, I've never been to Mood's Music. I've only ever been to Little Five a couple times, but next time I visit, I'll make sure to stop on in. Thanks for the tip! I can't believe I haven't started a vinyl collection yet. Can I be like you when I grow up? Kthanksbye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free! (just give credit, lol)

      And yes you definitely should and you're welcome.

      Haha you're silly! thanks for stopping by! I'm loving all your comments!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig