Friday, September 13, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 68 {The Electric Lady}

Whenever I do album reviews for the Soundtrack Saturdays series, the main thing I always look for is press play value. If I am able to just press play and listen to the entire compilation without skipping a track and still want to hear it all again when the last song goes off, that, to me, is the definition of a great album. It's one of those things that isn't evident in a lot of recent releases, but it's always good to come across that rare component in someone's artistry.


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Very well written! I agree whole heartedly! Very much in love with this project! I think my favorites are "Ghetto Woman", "Its Code", "Can't live without your love" and "Givin em what they love." I'm glad Diddy hasn't interfered with the creative process. I saw her years ago in DC and make it a habit to cop her albums the day they drop. Salute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...love those songs as well and how could you NOT appreciate a good Prince collab like Given em What They Love. I'm glad too...and she has blossomed so beautifully because of it.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. This post laid out everything I've been feeling about this album. She really takes you to another place in every suite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she really does. Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  3. I've gotta check this chick out. It's on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get this album asap! I like the way you mentioned knowing of her while she played shows in the A, I just met a guy yesterday and we were having a similar conversation and he spoke about watching her at her earlier shows here before the record deal and her just blowing him away. I like it life when I can make little connections like that lol. Thanks for the review girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I have not heard this album yet. From your review, it sounds like I will really like it. Ta for sharing your thoughts on it and for stopping by the ol'blog :)
    Mo x

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig