Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Organic Living | Vegetarian Holiday


Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted to embrace the vegetarian lifestyle.  It's been really hard and I admit to having a few love affairs with chicken here and there but, I have proudly maintained a 10% meat diet of only chicken and seafood.  When you're accustomed to meat as apart of your normal for 20+ years, the transition can be very difficult to just cut it out "cold turkey", so this year has really been trial and error for me. However, I will say, that the best part about this journey is how much more creative I am in the kitchen and although I liked cooking beforehand, I enjoy it way more now. 

Recently, my best friend has decided to be a vegetarian also, which is exciting because it's still a learning process for both of us.  Having someone there to discuss the joys and perils of a new lifestyle choice with someone who understands. The other day, we were texting about Thanksgiving plans after I sent her a picture of a vegetarian cookbook I found laying around the house. With Thanksgiving next week and Christmas right around the corner, I searched the web to create a unique menu made up of some of my favorite holiday dishes (with a vegetarian twist), not only for fellow vegetarians, but also for meat eaters who may not know what to prepare for vegetarian guest.  Some of the recipes listed are also vegan-friendly.

It's important to be inclusive when entertaining certain guest during the holidays and remember that vegetarian's eat too and, despite the preference to not eat meat, would like to be apart of the traditional feasting portion of the holiday festivities as well.

Appetizers + side dishes:

Entrees:

Desserts:

To all my fellow vegetarians, what's heating up in your kitchen this season? 
Is anyone expecting any vegetarians at their next holiday soiree? 

besos!
Chymere Anais

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I commend you on your vegetarian path. I constantly say I want to be a vegetarian one day but BBQ season is like one of my all time favorite times of the year so I can't make that leap just yet. But one of these days. These are some great recipes tho. You've inspired me to look into some of them as side dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask why you decided to become a vegetarian? I always wonder this when people have been meat eaters for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've been on this journey of making healthier choices and because I'm not a heavy meat eater anyway, I just decided to not eat meat anymore. Did a ton of research too. It's still really hard to break the habit, but it comes with time. On top of all that, I have a lot of heart diseases in my blood line so it's just a way of being conscious about what I eat to sustain myself. Hope that answered your question!!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions