Saturday, November 9, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 76 {Songs I'm Loving at the Moment + Updates}

Songs I'm Loving at the Moment:


This week has been both really productive and partially nostalgic, which usually happens when I'm trying to put the puzzle pieces of my life together. After the homecoming festivities died down, I spent a lot of time mapping out the rest of the year.  The best way I know how to describe my year thus far is as a lackluster plateau. The end of it all is so very close. It's very clear to me that November and December are all about reestablishing discipline and focus, so that next year doesn't surpass me the way 2013 has seemed to. And when I turn on BEAST MODE, I cannot be stopped and I've proven that theory to myself plenty of times, so I'm ready to see what's in store for the remainder of the year.

The song featured on today's SS, 'Dear No One', sings my heart. This is definitely my anthem at this point. She always seems to script the very lyrics of my heart, amazingly so, and that is one of the many obvious reasons why I can't seem to get enough of Tori Kelly.  
"...I'm done looking for my future someone/ 'Cause when the time is right, you'll be here, but for now/ Dear no one, this is your love song/ I don't really like big crowds/ I tend to shut people out/ I like my space/ But I'd love to have a soul mate/ And God'll give him to me someday and I know it'll be worth the wait..."
Love and relationships have been on my mind a lot lately. I'm pretty confident that I finally have my head on right when it comes to dating at this point, so all that's left to do is to be patient and patience is one of the biggest lessons I've had to learn and re-learn over and over again in many different areas of my life, so this song really speaks to me in that sense.

I've done enough rambling for now, just wanted to keep my lovely readers posted. Speaking of readers, you guys are so awesome, I feel the love and support every time I receive a comment and it's an incredible feeling that keeps this blog alive.  Some of you have been rocking with me since 2009 on The Sweetheart Chronicles. Even those of you who started with me here on the new blog, it's been almost 2 years! None of it goes unnoticed and I really do appreciate all of you.

That's the end of my spill. Thanks for reading! 

@ChymereA

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey lady! Thanks for sharing your update with us. It takes a lot to share with others that sometimes things just don't go as planned. Just keep the faith, hold on to your dreams and know that all things will come to pass in God's perfect time and space. And please believe that I have to tell myself this very thing over and over. I was writing about the resolutions I made for the year just the other day and realized that I dropped the ball more than a few times. I guess looking back over everything helped me realize that I am indeed human and nobody's perfect. All I can do is be the best at what I'm currently doing and where I currently reside. Everything usually works itself out in the end.

    As always, heading over to YouTube to get better acquainted with your musical selections.

    Keep writing and we'll keep reading :-)

    xo, Drea

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to California dreams, I posted a picture on Instagram today that says "Bloom Where You Are Planted". And I think you can get a lot from that quote (I'm sure you heard it before), California isn't going anywhere so don't worry if you can't make it there anytime soon. Once all your ducks are in a row and you feel ready, then Cali will be there waiting for you. There is a reason that God still has you in GA, so enjoy it a little more.

    As for the dating and love, I'm right with you on that note! My roommate just got married to a great man that she has known less than a year! My other friends are married or in serious relationships or traveling the world if they're not committed. And I feel like I'm just here. But it woke me up and I know that I'm ready now to be in love and date more. My friends were more of a security blanket so I didn't have to date. Now it's just me and I realize it's okay to want to be in love. :-)

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig