Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nerdy Chic: Books + Films Vol. 2

This list is a continuation of my original to read/watch list posted here, since I either didn't get around to reading/watching or I didn't finish all the books/films on the list. This should be a pretty easy to get through this list this winter before my  hectic spring semester officially kicks in. 

To Read:

  • The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals by: Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, and Jim Huling
  • The Success Principles by: Jack Canfield with Janet Switzer
  • The Rose Labyrinth by: Tatania Hardie
  • Divergent by: Veronica Roth
  • If on a Winter's Night a Traveller by: Italo Calvino
  • Coconut' by: Kopano Matlwa
  • The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by: Junot Diaz
  • The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green

To Watch:

TV Shows:

  • [started this week] American Horror Story
  • [finish] Breaking Bad
  • [finish] Gossip Girl

Films:

  • Invictus (2009)
  • Lost in Translation (2003)
  • Vanilla Sky (2001)
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
  • Inside Man (2006)
  • American Beauty (1999)*
  • Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013)*
  • Anchorman 2 (2013)*

What's on your watch/read list this winter? I'm always open suggestions!

besos!
Chymere Anais

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really want to watch Breaking Bad while I'm on maternity leave, I've never seen an episode! I also want to re-watch Arrested Development and the movie Shopgirl. They're personal favorites of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Arrested Development! That show is super hilarious! Breaking Bad is....the best show ever so I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Let me know how Divergent is please, please, please - ever since seeing the trailer, I've become extremely interested in giving the series a try (I just don't want to be underwhelmed by the film by reading the book first lol). And I'm currently trying to finish Breaking Bad too, it's pretty good :) Lol ummmm on my list? I'd say Mandela as well, The Walking Dead, and My Week with Marilyn. I also want to read Love by Toni Morrison and reread Light in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know it was a movie lol but I will probably do my own review on the series, just because I've already heard so many amazing things about it already. I only have about 3 episodes left of Breaking Bad...and it's kinda my way of savoring it because after that...it's no more and that really breaks my heart!

      Delete
  3. I've been itching to read some Junot Diaz too, I've heard only great reviews. I'm reading Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie right now and just finished The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp a few days ago. I worked a book fair last week and noticed the divergent series and should have picked them up. I saw the trailer when i went to see Catching Fire and it looks like it's going to be good--but I like to read the book before I see the movie! This winter I'll probably revisit some favorites (and/or browse netflix a bit) and I want to go see 12 years a slave and Mandela for sure. I've only seen one episode of AHS:Coven but I want to see the rest! Btw, I love the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Americanah at some point in my life, but I really don't remember the story line so maybe I'll check that out again. I loveeddd 'The Creative Habit'...probably one of the best books I've read all year! I have no interest in seeing 12 Years a Slave, honestly. I take no interest in slave movies, but I heard it was really good.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. OMG this is the 3rd time I heard about Divergent. I need to go ahead and check it out. That's NOT a coincidence. Some of these titles I've never heard of but I'm over here googling like a mug. LOL. Thanks for sharing your list.

    Sincerely,
    Daja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely not a coincidence! I've heard excellent reviews so I can't wait to get into it. Let me know if anything catches your attention and you're welcome, love!

      Delete
  5. My husband loves Breaking Bad. I need to play catch up on that one of these days. Vanilla Sky was really trippy for me, but I loved Perks of Being a Wallflower. American Beauty will always be one of my favorites. Can't wait to read more about what you think of everything on the lists!

    I need to go update my Netflix list and get some good movies in before 2014. I've got a pretty good list going for reads + watches this year.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions