Friday, December 13, 2013

Soundtrack Saturdays: Vol. 80 {Good Vibes Only.}

Whenever my mellow mood kicks in, it doesn't always fade within a week.  To get my day started, I typically find something upbeat, but it's a cadence when I settle home in the evenings, lol. I can stay on that musical cloud for a while, never caring to come down from the natural high it gives me, because it is just so zen and tranquil there. And this play list is not just for relaxation; it also ties into what I listen to in order to focus while I'm studying and gets my creative juices flowing when I'm creating or working on a project. So, I created a GOOD VIBES ONLY. playlist to compliment this peaceful experience with downloadable links for some of the tracks! 

{And to interrupt your regularly scheduled program, Beyoncé's visual album was released on iTunes this week on 12.13.13. Boss.}
  1. Only One x Baptiste Trotignon & Mark Turner
  2. Nothing in This World (Tajan Mashup) x Drake + KeKe Wyatt [download]
  3. Turn Your Lights Down Low x Etienne Charles
  4. The Vapors x Jhene Aiko
  5. Trust x Robert Glasper, Marsha Ambrosius
  6. Reason to Live x Brooke Alford
  7. St. Tropez x Intended Immigration [download]
  8. Lesson x Eddie Moore & the Outer Circle
  9. No Time x Hayden James
  10. Be Bad x Luke James
  11. Butterfly x Lenny Kravitz
  12. Doing it Wrong x Drake
  13. Fall in Love x GDNA [download]
  14. Calls x Robert Glasper, Jill Scott
  15. Window Seat x Erykah Badu
  16. Young & Foolish x Bill Evans (Philippe Edison Remix)
Completely separate from this list, but still fitting with the uplifting-my-spirit theme, I've started my morning off with this powerful song, as a prayer. Earlier, a good friend of mine recommended that I meditate on it for a little while. It almost brought me to tears, because, unbeknownst to her, the lyrics are a reflection what my own prayers and journal entries have been saying lately:




"...Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you will call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior..."
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. #3, 4, 9, & 11 are my jams, I gotta copy and paste these other songs and give them a listen later ;) But I had to give the last song a listen since you spoke so beautifully about it. I hope your prayers come true, it's such a beautiful song and I feel it reflects my soul as well. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig