Saturday, January 11, 2014

Clean Slate 2k14: Just Do It.


It hasn't been a long hiatus, but a refreshing one, indeed.  As much as I needed this time, I missed blogging much more than I imagined I would, so now I'm back like I never left and ready for a fresh start. 

Speaking of fresh starts, Happy New Year to all of you!!  Call me cliche, but I'm a huge fan of new beginnings, whether it be in 24 hour or 365 day increments of time, seasons, or adjusting to a new pace in some area of life, all new beginnings signify another chance to get things right. Change is a wonderful thing to embrace and for some people, those endless cycles incentives to propel hopes and dreams forward.

The vague explanation of what I want to do this year is simply that: DO.  The past couple of years, I've made a lot of plans without an execution strategy, so to speak, therefore 2014 will be the year to do more, be more, create more, produce more, etc. and less talking and planning. As the famous Nike slogan goes, Just Do It. I'm satisfied with the resolution and feeling quite confident about achieving more results this year.

In lieu of doing more, I will also be dedicating more time to self-branding. At some point in working towards being an accredited/respected "full time blogger", I became overwhelmed with the thought of being and creating my own brand.  So much pressure, I'd sigh to myself or My name? A brand? Yea right. However, recently, I've been challenged to be more honest in my pursuits and that means allowing my inner light to shine, rather than be intimidated by its brightness. And honestly, we all have something unique to offer, something that the world is in need of. So now I'm back, running at full speed, on a mission to find out what that is  through the talents God has graciously blessed me with.

As I will be celebrating 3 years* of blogging (technically 5 years...yikes!) this June, I've decided to make a few changes to re-introduce the brand, the most obvious being the design/aesthetics, but it's a always a constant work in progress. I've also reverted back to using my own name and maybe I'll get into that facet later. Some of the more subtle changes are gradual and some have to do with cleaning up the archives a bit and new content direction, which will become apparent in the coming weeks/months.

Thank you for the patience that has been allotted for me to get myself intact and to those of you who have taken time to reach out to me via comments, Twitter, and email. Even if it is some false sense of validation for me, I receive the love and support with a grateful heart. It means so much to me and let's me know that maybe I am making a small difference in someone's life by simply doing what I love.

besos,
Chymere Anais

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. So happy to you back in action and I hope your Christmas and New Years was nothing but good to you and your love ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. = )

      Delete
    2. It was! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. = )

      Delete
  2. Congrats for your awesome return Chymere! Excited to see you shine bright like a diamond as well. I'm so proud of you for being self-aware, acknowledging, and pressing forward while being stronger because of it.

    PS - Once I get settled in my classes, we must link up again ma'am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I receive that! Thank you so much for your kind words...and I agree, we must link up again soon!

      Delete
  3. I love the beauty and simplicity of that resolution... just do!! I definitely have been going through some of that struggle of finding my "voice" or "niche", but you are so right, we all have something unique and valuable to contribute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I think we all reach a point where we are searching for our voice and our purpose. The first step is awareness. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the new look!! the colors, layout, header everything :) and this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, girly!!! I appreciate the love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm late but I love the new look and best of luck on your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout! It's so cute ... way to start of 2014 and good luck with everything :)

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES to everything - I'm so excited to see where this blog is going. As everyone's already mentioned, the new layout is super dope!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I love the layout it's unique, very pleasing to the eye :) And your name as a brand sounds like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig