Monday, February 10, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #10: Defining Life Moment

The strangest thing has been happening lately.  Funny, I didn't have a clue what to write today, but I think what I want to say fits this post well. 

Back in November, I did an interview for All the Many Layers with Ms. GG Renee, whose questions in regards to why I write were extremely thought provoking. Up until that point, I really didn't understand why; it's just something I liked that I just so happened to do really well (and I say that in modesty). The interview opened with me saying:




"I believe that writing is my way of praying, because often times I am able to convey through my words what my heart is really saying through journaling.  Everything I experience is written out and that is my way of seeking/speaking to God, the higher being that I acknowledge...

I can’t always get out what needs to be released verbally. I am amused by how much I learn about myself and my progress towards becoming the woman I was destined to be whenever I go back to read what has been written. The story of my evolution is told through ink and it’s a really beautiful experience to witness that.

Oddly, I've been literally dreaming about story lines plots, characters- and have to write them as soon as I wake up.  I can't recall this ever happening to me, where my imagination comes to life in dreams so vividly, as if I'm watching a play at the theater, and I'm only able to remember it all just long enough to put it in words. Last night, it happened again. When I woke up, I lingered in bed a little longer, trying to figure out the connection.  Afraid I'd lose the story, I didn't move around too much, only to reach for my iPhone, and the notes app  served as pen and paper. In that moment, getting that story out of me was the most important thing in the world.  That was my defining moment. 

I've been praying a lot lately, in a way where dreams and reality merge.  It's a beautiful feeling that makes me feel incredibly close to achieving my goals. 

besos,
Chymere Anais
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Beautiful words, thank the heavens for your eureka moment :) And I remember that interview and that opening quote, it resonated with me really deeply because I am the same exact way. Better with a pen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Thank God for the inspiration! That's why I've always kept a notebook and pen on my nightstand. There are two occasions in my life where God gave me the words in a dream and I was able to wake up and write them down. That's a very indescribable feeling! I can imagine it gave you chills! Now I have to head over to read that interview. I read one over there today from my good friend Reginia.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions