Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #11: Health Scare

#WILDFLOWERSUNSCRIPTED Day #11:
Health Scare

Cancer.

I'm sure there were a number of words and phrases surrounding it, but I couldn't understand them.  It was all jibberish, but that word came out crystal clear. There I was, scared for my life in a hospital room, trying to make sense of this nonsense.


I kept quiet. For months, I waited to hear the next steps of operation. My judgement was clouded, but the surface world was in tact. For whatever reason, I didn't trust the doctor. I could hear apart of my spirit whisper "Leave it in my hands," so I put all my faith in God and was prayerful.

At the beginning of 2014, my pastor gave orders for us to do the Daniel fast corporately, which in retrospect, is probably what lead me to consider vegan-ism. The doctor told me that my diet would need to expand, but something told me otherwise so that's what I did: fasted. 

Suddenly, I was at peace. I began to see my life and the people in it with pure gratitude. With all the survivors and fighters in my bloodline, I felt okay and allowed their strength inside me to be my guiding light. For a twenty something year old whose health was at stake, I sure was taking it quite well, but I know for a fact it wasn't me alone who achieved that level of indescribable peace.

Finally, it was time to go back to the doctor's office. The storm tried to take over my thoughts again and it took everything in me to remain peaceful. 

"I don't know what you've been doing, but the cancer is gone. It's not there anymore."

God is amazing. There is no science to miracles. 

-Chymere Anais


-----{Comments for this post have been closed.}-----
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig