Friday, February 14, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #14: V-Day (What I Did Today)

First and foremost, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all you beautiful souls who love love.  This is one of the many days that get a bad rep for being overly commercialized, trick of consumerism.  Personally, I am big on most holidays, because usually, it's just for the sake of being festive, not necessarily for tradition.

To the couples, who certainly celebrate their love year round, I hope you took the time to go that extra mile to make your significant other feel special. For those of us who are not in a relationship, this is known as SINGLES AWARENESS DAY, but who made that a negative thing?  

After leaving swim practice, I came home and made myself breakfast, complete with vegan waffles and and strawberries. I planned to go the nail salon to treat myself to a mani/pedi, but didn't make it there. I know it will be just relaxing and well needed tomorrow morning.  

It can be pretty daunting to go to the movies alone, let alone on Valentine's day, but since I was feeling bold, I decided to get cute and take myself to see 'The Wolf of Wall Street'.  Initially, I wanted to see the Kevin Hart movie, but I wasn't feeling up for a romantic comedy today. Smiling at the passing couples, being the only one alone really wasn't as bad as I'd imagined.  The movie was awesome and, surprise, surprise, I really did enjoy my own company.  The day is almost over, so I stopped by Trader Joe's for some groceries. After a nice, relaxing oatmeal bath and yummy dinner, I am spending the rest of the evening watching the events of NBA All Star Weekend and movies. And it just dawned on me, I pretty much did the same thing last year.  It's become a ritual to nurture, spoil, heal self.

Today, I took the time to celebrate me; the woman I am and the one I'm becoming.

-Chymere A.

Movie lineup: 

♥ American Beauty (1999)
♥ Sex and the City (2010)
♥ Blue Like Jazz (2012)
♥ Ted (2012)





    SHARE:

    1 comment

    1. We did almost the same thing and I love that you call it Single Awareness day. That is now what will go on my calendar!

      ReplyDelete

    © Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
    Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions