Saturday, February 15, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #15: Confession {Summer of Love}

Here I am, sharing my poetry once again.  Perhaps, this writing challenge has my creative juices flowing by being force to write; to just let thought flow how it will.  It has resurrected these buried thoughts and for the first time in a long time, I'm just allowing myself to feel my emotions as they come. I feel so wide open and vulnerable, which isn't the easiest of task, but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone and put myself all the way out there. With that being said, this confession erupted as a poem unintentionally, so I thought it would be fitting to share it today.

Summer of Love

Let’s be together all summer long,
Lock ourselves in dim lit rooms for days at a time, 
Awake to the smell of sun and salt,
And lay in bed all day conversing about life and music.
Let's get to know each other as the individuals we've become since growing apart,
Take road trips on the weekends, 
Get drunk on life and bask in passionate love.
Give space to spend hours reconnecting our hearts
And recognize what went wrong,
Then return to autumn 
And only then give ourselves permission to decide if this is what we really want,
Because I really do love you and I know you love me too;
We just need time to remember, in order to heal, in order to grow. 

Chymere Anais
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig