Thursday, February 27, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | DAY #27: Share Decade + Old Photo & Story Behind it

The truth is, I was way too young to recall what the story actually was behind this photo. Circa 1990, I had to be a young little duckling, maybe a couple months of age. It's a shot of me propped on my Uncle's 6 '.4 " frame, probably in La-la land dancing with the imaginary cherubs up there.  By the background, I can tell we were at the outlet malls in South Carolina. Knowing him, he was probably using me as bait to pick up beautiful women, but I'm pretty sure the reasons were irrelevant at the time. He was fly, I was cool, and any woman that wanted him had to come by me first anyway (LOL).  I just adore this photo, because if you ever saw me and him interact together, even now, this picture would easily explain the backbone of the outgoing relationship we have with each other; it's always a good time when he's around, but I know when to take him seriously. Either way, I'm happy, loved, and protected.

Whenever I come across a photo of me with one of the amazing men in my life, whether it be with my dad or one of my many uncles, gratitude elevates to the highest extent and it visually reminds me of what a blessing it is to have so many incredible men in my life.


Stay inspired.
Chymere  Anais
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw this is so sweet! Your comment about him using you as bait made me laugh aloud and even tell my husband sitting next to me, haha.
    I had a good relationship with my uncle too. He and my mom were really close in age, but unfortunately he passed away back in the early 00s. I'm glad we have memories/pictures, though. I was touched by this post..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your uncle is alive in your spirit. That's why photos carry so much weight, because tomorrow is never promises.

      It's my pleasure to share! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions