Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #5: A Day in the Life

A Day in the Life of Chymere, hour-by-hour usual Wednesday. 
#WILDFLOWERSUNSCRIPTED Day #5


5:15 a.m. : The day starts and my loud RISE and CONQUER alarm sounds on my iPhone. Without moving, careful not to wake my dog yet, I open my eyes, say a prayer of gratitude, speak my affirmations. Meditate briefly, if I feel so inclined to do so.
-Walk and feed my overly-enthused pet companion.  I can't help but to be excited about a new day with her energy around.
-Shower. Cleanse. Get ready for the day.
-Make a quick breakfast or grab a green smoothie to-go.

6:15 am. : At this point, I'm on my way to master's swim team practice, probably stuck in traffic and listening to my music to stay sane, lol.

7:15 a.m. :  In the water, training with amazing coaches who see my athletic potential and ability.  My body loves it, I'm in my element, and despite how much pain I'm in during the duration of it all, I understand that being my best self (mental, physical, and spiritual) requires me to constantly push pass my own limitations.

8:15 a.m. : By this time, practice is over and I'm feeling rejuvenated. On my way to my first class of the day.

9:15 a.m. : In class, doing more daydreaming than actual school work.  Often, I have to re-focus my attention long enough to take notes, because no one wants those problems when test time comes.

10:15 a.m. : Why are collegiate courses so long and drawn out?

11:15 a.m. : Food time, finally!  Today, I wrapped my lunch in aluminum foil and ate in the student union.  But that break isn't long. I head to the library.

12:15 p.m. : Supposed to be studying, but instead, I'm catching up on my blog reading, and getting my daily dose of social media...because staying updated on the world is justified if I've already been studying for the past hour, right? Don't judge me...or do....your choice, but the challenge is to be honest right?

1:15 p.m. : Second and final class of the day, wondering when this day will end. However, I avoid clocking the minutes as much as possible;  there is still a long day ahead. I grab a Clif bar to eat in order to re-energize myself.

2:15 p.m. :  The professor said something interesting today and I'm fully engaged and participating.  Mind stimulation always makes me thankful for the education I have access to.

3:15 p.m. : I'm free (from scholastic obligations, at least.) I head home, thankful that I have learned to navigate the public transit system and don't have to deal with this traffic.
-Show my baby some love, walk her, give her a snack, which is my sincere apology for being gone all day.
-Work on the magazine

4:15 p.m. : After a small meal/border-line snack, a little studying, and barely enough time to really get comfortable, it's time to head to work.

5:15 p.m. : Recently arrived to work, and I inhale the smell of chlorine for the second time today.  At times, it feels like I spend my entire life in this aquatic sanctuary, which isn't far from the truth, but it's perfectly fine with me. Do what you love.

6:15 p.m. : Still at work. I am so blessed to be able to make a difference in the lives of this amazing, diverse, and dedicated group of athletes. I especially find it infinitely rewarding to be something like a role model for young black girls and boys who swim, just as good, if not better than, their competitors...

7:15 p.m. : 'Good set, guys!' I exclaim to worn out swimmers in my best coach's voice to keep them motivated to finish strong, right before a lecture about pushing limits and not giving in to mental senses of weakness. Many times, I tell them the things I have to remind myself of constantly. Now...practice is over and coaches are convening to sketch out tomorrow's workout, goofing around during the entire process. I love my colleagues.

8:15 p.m. : Home at last. After taking the dog out and eating a shamefully late dinner, I'm finally comfortable in my pajamas, happily cuddled up with my dog, my book, and a cup of hot tea.  She's happy to have me home again, to the same extent that I'm happy to be home for the night.

What a day...
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Your day is a lot more adventurous than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, trust me, it's not always this way. Wednesday is probably my busiest day .

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you were on a swim team. That's so cool! I'd love to use swimming as my main exercise, but I'd hate having to wash my hair more often than I already do, lol. Good luck with the classes! I used to record my lectures and listen to them later, so maybe that'll help if you space out as much as I used to?

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...lots of hair washing and making sure I take care of my tresses properly. Good tip...I just may do that, thanks!

      CA

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig