Friday, February 7, 2014

WildflowersUnscripted | Day #7: Because I am a Blogger, People Assume...

#WildflowersUnscripted 
Day #7: Because I Am a Blogger, People Assume

Here's a fun prompt for this month's writing challenge.  Excuse my sarcasm, but clarifying false logic is better this way.  The following statements are not true and in most cases, assumptions are synonymous with ignorance.

Because I am a blogger, people assume:
  • Here, I pretty much have an open space to express myself publicly, therefore I am willing to offer creative services free of charge.
  • I want to be famous
  • I'm interested in celebrity drama and whereabouts.
  • I'm a fashion blogger with easy access and backstage passes to major events like Art Basel in Miami or NYFW for me and all of my comrads.
  • I either have too much time on my hands and have no life, or, I do have a life, and I don't put in any real work or effort to maintain my blog.
  • It's a silly idea to think anyone can make a sustainable living as a "full time blogger"
  • I follow trends.  

I'm sure the list is endless, but this will have to just prove a point that blogging isn't a silly hobby that people don't take seriously. I did this blogging thing way before it was a trend, back when cardigans were uncool.  In fact, many of the bloggers I have come to know have launched amazing projects and created thriving brands around it.  Believe it or not, in this cyber world, I am constantly motivated and inspired. Slowly but surely, this corner of the web is venturing beyond "just a hobby", into something profitable and a huge part of my own success.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Lol I'm here for #1 and #3, it's funny that you mention trying to take your blog slowly but surely from hobby to an aspect of your success. I think I'm doing the same. I didn't realize it but yeah lol so I wish you good luck, more power to you sister!

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig