Friday, May 2, 2014

Lessons on Being Present and Moving Forward

"Never hope for it more than you work for it." - Preston Smiles
Honestly, I think I've spent way too much time thinking, hoping, wishing, praying, but not willing to get my hands dirty or always walking away when the job gets too tough. Unfortunately, it's been that way towards a lot of things and I'm finally waking up to how bad of a habit that is. How can I expect to have anything of value if I'm not willing to put forth serious effort in accomplishing things, whether it's graduating from college or publishing a book? At the end of the day, it all boils down to how much I'm willing to do...and by not doing anything at all, I'm being counter productive to doing my best and giving my dreams what they deserve require.

"When a world falls apart in my own hands, the silver lining is the opportunity to rebuild and learn and grow from mistakes of the past." - me, 03.03.10

I love re-reading old journals and stumbling across my own little gems. That could not be any more true. Although it's taken me a while, I feel like I'm getting to the point where the only thing that matters is what I do right now, from this day forward.
"You are only as great as you think you are. Potential energy is equivalent to zero achievement. Mind over matter."

Also, I know that if I truly want to break this cycle of always "starting over", I must stop giving up, simple as that. I've been through so much, but every high and low has been a lesson I needed to grow me and make me stronger, wiser, and ultimately better prepared for my moment when it finally does show up. 

Follow me on Twitter + IG: | @ChymereA
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions