Tuesday, June 17, 2014

City Finds | The Beehive ATL

image source.

[Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. ]

Yesterday afternoon, the cousin and I took a little summer stroll in hot ATL.  We decided to stop by The Beehive, this absolutely adorable loft style boutique full of unique, handmade trinkets and accessories. Everything from the modest, urban-rustic decor to the intoxicating spells of spice and herb attracted me and I instantly fell in love. My cousin, who is a proud SCAD alum, is always in the know about hidden treasures like this around town and I'm always on the lookout for ways to support local artist/entrepreneurs, so following her around gets to be enjoyable for me most of the time. 

Although all the jewelry collections were beautiful and certainly fitting to my personal taste, certain pieces naturally grabbed my attention the most. The founder of The Beehive, Melane Davis, actually designed the really cool zodiac constellation necklace from the line iram-inal Designs. I just have to go back and purchase for the birthday next month. The second collection photographed, designed by a young lady named Courtney of Crafts and Love, completed by amazing stone choices and a touch of romance, was enough to make me want to replace my entire personal jewelry collection. Perhaps over time I will. Until then, I can only admire.

The ultimate attraction I have to this shop is the work space they offer to creators, as well as to facilitate their relatively inexpensive Bee Creative classes, such as intros to sewing and soldering.  That is something I'd definitely love to take advantage of in the near future [takes note of a new goal for summer]. All in all, this may just be one of my new favorite places to frequent.

@ChymereA

In what ways do you support your local artist? 


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Thank you so much for this lovely post on our store! We're so glad that you enjoyed stopping in, and hope to see you in the future. As a tip for you and your readers, be sure to stop in for our huge August Warehouse Sale, where the majority of the store is 40%-90% off! Our next sale starts August 23rd, and we hope to see you there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out this place, I def want one of those zodiac necklaces! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like my kind of store! Gotta make a trip down there soon to check out the city and little spots like this,

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig