Thursday, June 19, 2014

June | July 2014 Wish List

Pretty soon, the birthday sunrise will appear. It will creep in when I'm not paying attention and catch me wondering where the time went.  However, this is the golden year from me, so I hope that I can be half way aware half way sober when July 12th, 2014 arrives.

Other than becoming extremely reflective around the time of my birthday, every year I create a wish list, just like I did when I was a little girl to give to my parents. Usually, I make sure that my wishes are reasonably priced sensible items that isn't this ridiculous collections of designer names that I can't afford (at the moment). I'd rather splurge on experiences. However, this time around, I decided to dream outside of my box for a change. Without further ado, this is a peak of what I've been coveting as of late:

  • These phone cases are absolutely adorable and especially designed for summer.
  • I've wanted this #BlackGirlsWhoBlog t-shirt for thee longest, since the campaign launched, and I'm not really sure why I haven't purchased it yet; probably because I hadn't settled on a blog name yet, but...it's time.
  • The other day, I tried on a replica of this heel, a relatively popular design that I've fallen completely in love with. Now, I'm kinda thinking I want the real thing, or, to be more "politically correct", I would prefer a better quality version of it, because I think it's okay to invest in timeless, staple wardrobe items.
  • Speaking of popular designs, I've had my eyes on this Givenchy duffle for a while. Contrary to speaking the real thing, I'll take a replica of this one. $4,000 is a stretch of the imagination by a long shot.
  • Tickets to the #ATLast show 09.27.14 to witness the 20th reunion of my favorite hip-hop duo, Outkast. I understand that it says the tickets are sold out currently, but where there is a will, there is a way. Keeping hope alive!
  • Fun fact: I collect vinyls. Want. Need. Have to have this tech turntable from Fab.com!
  • This turquoise + geometric necklace from Crafts and Love is just so pretty and simple. Turquoise is actually my favorite stone. As I'm rebuilding my jewelry collection, I love coming across pieces like this.
  • Added this to the list after posting, but these Paragon and Renegade bracelets stole my heart the moment I saw them. If you're familiar with the game, Mass Effect Mortality, you understand the duality of human kind summed up in those two words.
  • Last but not least, I really need a new laptop, as well as a professional camera, so these are more of a necessity than a want. I don't have to have state of the art of either per se; I'm still researching to come across products that fit who I am as a person and the things I'm trying to create on a more professional level.
One of the most important social graces I've learned thus far is about independence and working smart for everything I want in life. To this day, mommy constantly reminds me of the value of hard/smart work and daddy has always taught me to not take anything for granted. Therefore, it's not that I am ungrateful for the things I do have, but in my adulthood, list like this gives me a visual of tangible things to work towards, incentives to go to work and/or be productive on days where I just feel like being lazy. Essentially, that's what my wishes are all about. The world is yours, so never stop dreaming! 

What are your material must-haves for the summer?

- ♥ Chymere A.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That makes two of us to be hopeful that some Outkast tickets might pop up some where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you have a list their boy..!! from what I can see your list is perfect for our age group..!! nothing in my own opinion is wrong with replica because i aint crazy spending money on things that cost a car note or rent please, A chick is on a budget..!!
    I wish that you get as many things on ur list as you can but make sure you start with the things that you need the most..!!

    Love Bright
    p.s thanks for the Tip and i will never jump the gun and move with a guy I just met no matter how fine he is lol..!!
    http://saysbright.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions