Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer Reading List 2014

A few months ago, in addition to the short, simple list of goals I gave myself at the beginning of the year that followed a central DO MORE theme, I gave myself a personal book quota.  From that point on, I vowed to read at least 2 books per month for the rest of the year. I admit, I slacked off a little, but I came across some titles and book reviews that caught my attention, so that motivated to get back to it.  Speaking of reviews, I've fallen in completely in love with the BOOKTUBE community on YouTube that I didn't even know existed until recently. It's definitely a community I would like to become apart of in the near future, so stay tuned for that!

Here are the six books that are currently on my radar for light, summer reads. 
{Click H E R E to check out Summer Reading List 2014, Pt. II}
  1. #GirlBoss by: Sophia Amoruso
  2. Love and Other Foreign Words by: Erin McCahan
  3. Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell
  4. Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by: Katie Finn
  5. The Night Circus by: Erin Morgenstern
  6. Wanderlove by: Kirsten Hubbard
  7. Ghana Must Go by: Taiye Selasi
What books are you reading this summer?
♥ Chymere A.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oooo I discovered #GirlBoss only yesterday, so I'm thrilled that you're thinking of reading that. I'd love for you to start doing book reviews. Book channels are almost all I watch now!

    This summer I'm gonna finish reading 1984 by George Orwell. Then I'm gonna try and read 'Lolita', 'Paradise' by Toni Morrison and other books that people recommend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolita is awesome...a little hard to get through, but I bought the annotated version and that worked out better for me and helped me to understand the story line a little more. I read Paradise too, once upon a time, but I don't remember it...at all. I think it was one of those books that I felt obligated to read, so that's probably why. I may have to read it again, because as an adult reader, I really do enjoy her work.

      Delete
  2. Checking out some of these titles -- they sound really good. #GirlBoss is on my radar as well; I'm seeing it everywhere! BTW I really enjoyed your 'about' section.

    xo, Krist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor and Park is on my list; after reading Fangirl, I've been wanting something else of hers to try. I'd also like to read Everybody's Baby by Lydia Netzer about a couple who conceives a baby through Kickstarter. I won a copy of it and haven't had the time to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions