Friday, July 11, 2014

Music Collective vol. 4 {25 Summers}


Today is my 25th birthday so, I thought it would be fitting to create a play list of some of my favorite songs from each year/summer since 1989. Even though I grew up mostly listening to music that was before my time, this is more of an homage to the songs-mostly mainstream pop-from my era. The hardest part was choosing just one song from each year (I originally wanted to do 25 miniature play list, but...that was doing too much lol) As fun as it was to build this musical time machine, it sure did it make me feel super old-a quarter of a century! But it's cool. I finally decided to make peace with the aging process. Here goes Chymere's mega birthday play list:

  • 1989.        Keep on Movin' x Soul II Soul
  • 1990.        Escapade x Janet Jackson
  • 1991.        Summertime x DJ Jazzy Fresh and Will Smith
  • 1992.        Free Your Mind x En Vouge
  • 1993.       If I Ever Fall in Love x Shai
  • 1994.        Diggin’ on You x TLC
  • 1995.        You Gotta Be x Des’ree
  • 1996.        How Do You Want it x Tupac
  • 1997.        Honey x Mariah Carey
  • 1998.        My Way x Usher
  • 1999.       Livin’ La Vida Loca x Ricky Martin
  • 2000.        I Like It x Sammie
  • 2001.        Fallin’ x Alicia Keys
  • 2002.        The Whole World x Outkast ft. Killer Mike
  • 2003.        Frontin' x Pharrell W. ft. Jay Z
  • 2004.        It’s My Life x No Doubt
  • 2005.        Gold Digger x Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
  • 2006.        Unwritten x Natasha Bedingfield
  • 2007.        Summer Love x Justin Timberlake
  • 2008.        Kiss, Kiss x Chris Brown ft. T-Pain
  • 2009.        Best I Ever Had x Drake
  • 2010.        Hometown Hero x Big K.R.I.T.
  • 2011.        Knee Deep x Zac Brown Band ft. Jimmy Buffet
  • 2012.        How We Do x Rita Ora
  • 2013.       Q.U.E.E.N. x Janelle Monae, Erykah Badu
  • 2014.        Hell of a Night x SchoolBoy Q


What are some songs you grew up listening to? 

Chymere A.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I vibe to at least half of the songs you mentioned. Aww, 25 for 25th bday, I get it lol. But some songs I've grown up to include Kiss x Prince, Remember the Time x MJ, Bump Bump Bump x B2K, Bugaboo x Destiny's Child haha those are the ones that immediately come to mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those! Ah...Good ole B2K. Bugaboo actually came on the radio the other day...I was jammin! Like I mentioned, I listened to a lot of stuff before my time, Kiss being one of them. That song came out in 1986, but who doesn't love Prince right? timeless.

      Delete
  2. This was a dope idea--I'm jealous I didn't come up with it earlier this year. I thought Hell of a Night X Schoolboy Q was an interesting choice. I like it but Man of the Year or Break the Bank i LOVE. Love seeing an Alicia Keys song up there! and if i could add a song on here, I would shamelessly put Gwen Stefani X Hollaback Girl on there. That song was catchy as hell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man of the Year was too...masculine for the occasion lol, but I do love that song. "That's my ish, that's my ish!" ah...the days.

      Thanks!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions