Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Art Appreciation | The Art of Architecture

SGNW House in Zimbali, South Africa. Designed by: Metropole Architects
Because of the structure and mathematics behind the creations, architecture isn't always considered to be an art form, or at least not by conventional standards. As artist, we tend to throw things that involve S.T.E.M. into an unwanted pile of art world nemesis. Basically, it's the mentality that anything that can't be translated as self-expression isn't art. Why is that? The precision that is behind amazing masterpieces all over the world, such as the SGNW House in Zimbali, South Africa (isn't it just stunning??), challenges that notion. Not only does an individual architect have to know how to communicate and function as a team player in order to collaborate effectively on different projects, she/he has to be mindful of how every little detail is expressed, from the sketches to the actual engineering that goes into bringing a floor plan or a model to life. In all actuality, architecture, although it is a collective from of art, is just as much an art as writing, painting, dancing, playing an instrument, etc. and a field that I am pretty stoked about being apart of. Life is art. 

- ♥ Chymere Anais
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. My BF majored in Architecture and being with him I learned so much about the art of it that I never thought was considered an art and the history about some of the building Downtown was just mind blowing when he tells me these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool! It's always great when you're able to gain new perspectives by being with people who are passionate about things you wouldn't normally pay attention to!

      Delete
  2. even though I know nothing about it, I am obsessed with looking at photos of beautiful architecture. I kind of want to design my own home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks awesome! I want to go to there! I always love looking at architecture because people have such different aesthetics and point of views when it comes to design. And you're right, life is art.

    Also, I've tagged you in my latest post girl! I want to hear your answers to these questions about your writing process. I know you're doing this challenge though but if you could squeeze it in, that'd be the dopeness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't think I'd want to live in a house like that, but definitely a getaway house.

      And I will try my absolute best...may even try to include it in the challenge! Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions