Thursday, July 17, 2014

[FILL IN THE BLANK] CONSISTENCY BREEDS

Consistency is one of those things that I’ve been learning and relearning throughout the course of my life. I’ve had mentors, friends, and professors alike “tell me about myself” in this regard.  Up until recently, I was too blind to be able to see it for face value and failed to realize how vital it is to be overly dedicated to something (no pun intended) if you want to be successful.  Of course I didn’t listen and was going to do it my way, even if it meant the difficult/unnecessary/could-have-been-avoided way.

For so long, I wondered why certain things weren’t happening for me, not taking into consideration the deadly pattern of rarely really sticking to anything long enough to feel any sense accomplishment. How could I be upset that everyone in my vicinity was graduating college and going on to get their master’s and other degrees when I kept taking time off from school? How can I be jealous of people in thriving long-term relationships, when I fear commitment, not allowing anyone to get too close, and therefore creating my own blockage within relationships? Most importantly, how can I create my own happiness if I’m busy observing others’ version of such? Needless to say, inconsistency is counterproductive, a symptom of laziness that I’m glad I’m able to unveil that character flaw now versus later in order to be better, to do better, and to live in a way that I’m proud of. I am a work in progress.

On Twitter the other day, I came up with a few bullet-points that are the framework of this discussion. It all started with this: “[Fill in the blank] Consistency breeds ________.” Allow me to elaborate:

(( Continue reading H E R E ----> ))
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig