Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Love Conquers All

1Corinthians 13: 1-12
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love this scripture of the bible. It's my little reminder of what love is supposed to be. My ex (the one I told you about recently) was the one who opened my eyes to not only this but love done right which is why I hold him to such regard in terms of my past. I love this post for what it makes me remember to never forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chymere for sharing what the world has forgotten. True love is what this is. Can we all go back to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just have to be open to receive what is already there. And not just in a romantic sense, but allowing love to be the motivation behind all that we do. = )

      Delete
  3. So, I have "amor vincit omnia"/"love conquers all" tattooed. Deeper than the romantic love that some people interpret this quote to represent, it reminds me that the overall, empowering action to love, to be loving, should be the way of life for us all. It's about spreading love to strangers, encouraging peaceful disagreements instead of violent fighting, being passionate about what you do, and simply choosing to love the life the universe has allowed. Sometimes I need a reminder. Thanks for this!

    xo, Krist | peachesbeachesandurbanistas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an absolute beautiful way to look at it. I completely agree. ♥

      Delete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig