Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Essentials | Look/Feel/Smell Gorgeous

Summer Essentials


These are my absolute go to beauty products year round, but especially for summertime. For me, the most important thing when considering my daily beauty regimen is to keep it simple. When it comes to skin and body care, I stick to products that lock and retain moisture and are suitable for dry, sensitive skin. My make-up has to be light and breezy, which is why I love Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream. Mary Kay also has one, but I haven't tried it out yet. I just don't like (or need) heavy coats of foundation; my skin has to be able to breathe. Speaking of skin, I have to be sure to wash with MK Botanical Effects skin care and protect it with sunscreen lotion on those summer days as I'm out and about, frolicking with Mr. Sun. Although, lipstick and nail polish are the main products that I like to switch up from time to time, as far as colors go, I mainly just wear subtle shades of pink for my everyday look. I really like OPI's beautiful collection of pinks. On my lips, is usually a combination of Burt's Bees lip balm and NYX lip butters, as well as MK tinted lip balm, which keep my lips nice and smooth. I won't always wear perfume, but when I do, I automatically reach for my Marc Jacobs 'Dot' (need I mention how gorgeous the packaging is?) or my signature scent, 'Chance' by Chanel (not pictured) when I'm feeling fancy. Because my mane tends to get really dry, I found that Cantu's leave in and TRESemmé's Moisture Rich rinse out conditioners work perfectly for my hair. And of course, sunglasses are imperative, because what's summer without a pair of funky frames?

What are some of your summertime beauty favorites?

♥ Chymere A.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm gonna have to try some of these. I wonder what is the difference between the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream and and just the regular BB cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the dream fresh, and i looooove it! Makes my skin look so good, but I have to set it with a powder, lest my oil-slick starts to shine through.

      Delete
  2. I think that'd be a great idea! I personally, am always interested to see what's new or in, or simply to see what some of my favorite women are using and recommending. I'm always trying to get "put on", lol.

    Give it a shot! I support it!
    xx

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Burt's Bees products! Lip balm, moisturizer and lotion are definitely my summer essentials! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions