Saturday, August 30, 2014

Monthly Faves: August 2014

For a good percentage of the month, I was walking around with a heavy heart and mad at the world for good reasons and no reason at all. Things are certainly looking up now, mainly because I grew weary of the weight of the world and decided to be happy. Instead, I chose to make a conscious effort to just do the best I can with the resources I'm given. With that being said, creating this tangible list of favorites reminds me of the things I found that kept me sane during a rough patch and took my mind off of what is going on in the worldwide madhouse, at least temporarily.


♥ Music:
  • LP: GREEN x Daryn Alexus | Songs: Chandelier x SIA (I loved this song even more when I saw the video) | Saving My Love For You x Kem 
♥ On the WWW:

 Miscellaneous:
  • PASSION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.
  • Moments: Photographs of thousands of people of different backgrounds and ethnicities from all over the world take a stand for Michael Brown, Ferguson, Missouri, and supporting the black community as a whole, including my city and my HBCU [#AggiePride]. Finally seeing people angry enough to fight for change is a beautiful sight to behold.  | Stopping to smell the roses...just because. | Love finding its way = )
  • I don't always gravitate towards the most feminine or the most stylish things whenever I do shop, but I absolutely adore my new Kate Spade NY Agenda that I won from a giveaway over at TheAJMinute.com. She sits so pretty on my desk, fits well in my book bag for school, and is so useful with keeping my life organized.
  • This quote.
♥ Technology:
  • App(s): Timeful is another great way to stay organized, just in case I leave my pretty little agenda at home | iDream has proven to improve my dysfunctional sleep patterns significantly through calm, peaceful sounds of nature.
  • My new desktop computer! It's not really a new computer, but it's new to me. My Grandma wasn't using hers and knew I was long overdue for one so she let me box it up and take it home with me the last time I was at her house.  So thankful for the blessing, because it really was time. 
  • My new iPhone! Because I was eligible for an early upgrade with my cell phone carrier, I decided to go ahead and get the iPhone 5c, for my own reasons. It suits me quite well and I absolutely love it, so I'm pretty happy with my decision. 
♥ Currently Reading: Miles from Nowhere  by: Nami Mun  | The Fifth Beatle by: Vivek J. Tiwary
    August, for me, has been an interesting wave of up and down emotions. I'm learning to not remain on the downside for too long. There is so much to be happy about and I have to believe that, even on days when it's hard to. The universe is constantly shifting, so that things are always positioned the way they should be. Seasons are in transition, fall is approaching, and I'm just glad to be able to witness transformation in that way. 

    -♥ Chymere A.
    SHARE:

    1 comment

    1. Thanks for sharing this. I've been struggling with this lately with all that's been going on in the world and it's comforting to see that I'm not alone.

      I've heard good things about Miles from Nowhere, I would love to hear your view once you're done reading it.

      Janelle
      www.artistically3ngineered.com

      ReplyDelete

    © Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
    Blogger Template Created by Chymere A./Sky Box Suite Creative Solutions