Friday, August 8, 2014

Music Collective: Vol. 8 {The August Mix Tape ft. Lauriana Mae}

Perhaps not officially, but summer as I know it is coming to a close. That's not a bad thing necessarily, I just wish summer was more eventful than it was, but no complaints, because everything that came my way this season was exactly what I needed to happen in my life. 

As I'm preparing for school to start and trying to maintain a certain zen to engulf myself in, my automatic musical mood turns into more graceful sounds; sultry vocals, and nice, calm melodies.  It's so fall. Unfortunately, the weather won't reflect the sentiments of the season until late September. The point is: I'm ready for fall, which has become my favorite season. So now the songs on my August play list revolves around giving me that seasonal warmth until the cooler weather actually gets here. 

The feature of today's mix tape is Lauriana Mae, a phenomenal singer/songwriter that I was introduced to by Chelsea over at Contemporary Teal. Let me just say that Chelsea's taste in music significantly matches mine and it's extremely impressive when someone can introduce new/unheard of music to the infamous music connoisseur herself!  

Mae has a very authentic sound, trumpeting with apparent notable jazz influences, such as Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, and Amy Winehouse, and giving it a modern R&B/pop/hip-hop flare. I don't know much about her, but I do know that she's gorgeous, exceptionally talented, and I look forward to more of her work in the future. Find her on:
Website / Soundcloud / Twitter

- ♥ Chymere Anais


The August Mix Tape:
  1. Divinity x Sza, Jill Scott
  2. Black Panther x Ayanna Witter-Johnson 
  3. Maybe She'll Dream of Me x The Foreign Exchange
  4. I Got Lost in His Arms x Terri Lyne Carrington, Gretchen Parlato
  5. Fall Winter Summer Spring Summer x Carolyn Malachi
  6. Become (Unplugged) x Camille Michelle Gray
  7. Set Me Free x Mara Hruby
  8. Lullaby x Chargaux, Soft Glas
  9. Nirvana x Sam Smith
  10. Love x Lauriana Mae + The Pains
  11. Nakamarra x Haitus Kaiyote, Q-Tip
  12. Beautiful x Mali Music
  13. Let Go x Little Dragon
  14. Fall For You x Leela James
  15. Moved By You x India.Arie

+ For more hand-picked music selections, browse through the archives H E R E. +
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm obsessed with that Chargaux track lately & Love so many of these artists. This is such a good playlist---btw, I just added you on soundcloud! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig