Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Music Collective: vol. 9 {Cadillactica is Coming!}

image source

Justin Scott, better known in the music world as Big K.R.I.T. is one of my favorite hip-hop artist, hands down. Circa 2006 was when I first fell in love with that southern drawl and the poetry hidden in those powerful lyrics. I heard one freestyle he did back then and was convinced that he would blow up one day. Vintage. Witnessing his career take off the way it has has been so amazing.  His music moves me, literally and spiritually, and in many cases it saved my life...no exagerration. One minute I'll be in my room, twerking in the mirror and the next I'll be in a deep, reflective state; he's just that versatile.

I could go on and on, but to avoid sounding too much like a groupie, I'll just leave it at proclaiming 'CADILLACTICA IS COMING!' like a toddler flower girl announcing a bride. 'Pay Attention', the most recent single featuring Rico Love, is only a sneak peak of his extraordinary work ethic and I cannot wait to see what he's been working on, besides all the free releases he's been dropping this year.  In the meantime, here's a play list of some of my faves Big K.R.I.T. tunes (in no particular order) to keep me occupied.

♥ Chymere A.
  1. Wake Up [ft. Willie B., saxophone]
  2. The Vent
  3. Hometown Hero
  4. Moon & Stars [ft. Devin the Dude, Curren$y & Killa Kyleon]
  5. Get Right
  6. Good Togetha' [ft. Ashthon Jones]
  7. If I Fall [ft. Melanie Fiona]
  8. Neva Go Back
  9. Highs & Lows
  10. Insomnia [ft. Mike Hartnett, guitar]
  11. Yesterday 
  12. Egyptian Cotton
  13. Praying Man [ft. B.B. King]
  14. King Without a Crown
  15. Rem
  16. Multi 'til the Sun Die
  17. Pay Attention ft. Rico Love
  18. Supreme (rmx) x Rick Ross ft. Mase, Big K.R.I.T., Fabolous
More music H E R E...




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig