Sunday, August 17, 2014

Passion Speaks Louder Than Words

All week long, I've experienced waves of both positive and negative emotions and it's been an internal whirlwind, which, I'm sure, is something a lot of people can relate to at this time.  The world has been in an uproar, it seems, because of the tragedies that have taken place. As much as I try to imagine how Michael Brown's mom feels, or even how the family and fans of Robin Williams are coping, I just cannot put myself in their position. My heart hurts deeply for them, but I'm sure it's not the same kind of hurt. It saddens me that people are critiquing the emotional state of anyone, because we all react to things differently. What solace does it offer a mother who's son was wrongfully executed or an entire town being treated like animals, to not blame anyone?  Honestly, all week, I've just grown weary of the never-ending debates, and taking on all the negative energies associate with them, but still feeling helpless in not knowing what to do that will solve anything.

Suddenly, a thought came to me.  I truly believe that God gives us all assignments in this world and it's our responsibility to find what that calling is. In that case, there is no such thing as a big or small purpose, because it all matters to some extent.  No dream holds more weight than the dream next to it.  In this realization, I said to myself: Passion Speaks Louder Than Words.  It's no accident when we are passionate about certain things and it differs from person to person. For a few days, I just let that resonating thought marinate.

It's a wordplay on that very common and overused phrase, action speaks louder than words, however, this does not have the same definition. Action can easily be a routine or a habit. A person can act on things that may not necessarily be aligned with their purpose, but passion is so much bigger than that.  I mentioned the the two most heavily discussed news headlines, mainly because I think in order for something good to emerge, we have to follow our individual passions. How do you channel your negative energy? How can your passion make a difference in this dark world we live in? What do you do already that is beneficial to the greater good? How does your passion speak for you and what does it say you stand for?

Change may not happen over night. Years may pass before a real solution is present and active in society. Perhaps, it will come in the moment it's being done, and the person making it happen is not even paying attention. That's what I think is important; using your gifts, skills, and education to promote a better life for the people around you and all the silent ones on the shadowy sidelines, steady watching.  That's where the true fight lies, but right now, that idea is probably too simple to comprehend. We are not all called to go into the police force and become that massive change that the justice system needs, or go out and become the CEO's of a major company to turn it into a revolutionary infrastructure, but we all have something special to contribute. Talk is cheap, but who is absolutely willing to have the bold faith to believe that something they can't see right now can only manifest by pursuing what they love?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Now THIS is doing something. I'm tired of the debates of Twitter Activism, why celebs ain't saying this, etc. Doing something that benefits the family of the child is a step in the right direction. I commend you for this and hope others will follow suit with you.

    ReplyDelete

© Chymere Anais | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig